SHOCKED

I reached Charan anna's house at eight. When I rung the bell Bhavika opened the door and let me in.

"Come in dear." Said she. "You are on time, sit. Vishal has not come yet we will have dinner as soon as he comes."

"Where is Charan anna?",

"He has gone to Vishal's house, actually he had some work that side and while coming home he will bring Vishal with him."

"Okay"

The incident at the Roy mansion was unforgettable to me and I wanted to know the depth of it as soon as possible. My mind had all sorts of weird ideas coming to it. I started reading Sameer's case since beginning to pass my time until anna and Vishal came, but nothing could be predicted. Fifteen minutes passed but still nothing, I lost patience and closed the file. Taking out a paper I started writing the questions I would ask Vishal about Amala and her behaviour. Then I stood up and started taking a look at the shelf which I had never noticed earlier because other days I was always busy in talks with Charan anna. While I was just looking at the shelves, I noticed a file named "Mysteries of Vishakhapatnam". The file looked quite old but was maintained regularly. I opened the shelf and took the file out as I had always been interested in mysteries specially when it was of our own city.

I opened the file there were many headings that interested me but deep inside my heart was actually searching for something else which I feared to find but it was there: "The Roys and the cursed mansion" I sat back on the chair and was about to read it when the doorbell rang. Bhavika ran to open the door and from there entered two men, a tall Charan anna and a young man a few inches shorter than anna came crouching behind him, well-groomed in a blue t-shirt and black ripped jeans. His hair and eyes interested me as he had a small pony tail made of his silky long hair of shoulder length but his eyes were sad and I guess he was looking for Amala in the house in his memories. When he entered the house without saying a word, he first looked around the entire house as if trying to fill everything within his big-grey eyes.

He then greeted Bhavika and entered in. It was already nine till the time. I also greeted Charan anna while he introduced both of us. Vishal greeted me too when Bhavika told both the men to freshen up while she brought water for them. In other fifteen minutes we all were sitting at the dining table. The food was delicious but I could not enjoy it as the entire day's incidents were making me anxious.

After dinner all four of us sat in the drawing room where Charan anna began with the main topic after having gossiping a little about the weather and other things.

Charan anna began, "So, Vishal as I have already told you that I have arranged your meeting with Aasha because we want to know about Amala and her unfortunate death."

"Yes, sure anna"

Both of them looked at me and signalled me to begin with the interrogation, I honestly felt that I was a police officer asking questions from a witness. However, I started

"Vishal, I want you to answer me each question clearly and without hesitation. You knew Amala from grade six; didn't you?"

"Yes, we were good friends."

"When did you first notice weird behaviour within her?"

"The first time was when our marriage got fixed. She seemed nervous and her behaviour was so weird that I couldn't understand what was she up to."

"That means she was not happy of the marriage, were you happy."

"I don't know, but it was she who first talked of marriage to both our families. As of me I was happy as I thought that it was good to marry Amala as I think that it is better to marry someone whom you already than struggle to make a new relation with someone unknown."