Chapter 13

Johnny sauntered into detention decked out in a black hoodie that just barely fit him and sat down in the back smirking at the glaring teacher who had a sullen look on his face. Daniel soon trailed behind and narrowed his eyes at Johnny in slight annoyance and said, "I thought I lost that sweatshirt! I wanted to wear it the other day and you stole it?"

"Well, I didn't necessarily steal it because what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours," Johnny said with a cheeky grin.

Daniel crinkled his nose and grumbled while saying, "I don't think it works that way."

"Oh, you're just jealous that I wear it better than you."

"Wear it better than me? It barely even fits you!" Daniel scoffed, shoving Johnny's shoulder gently.

"That's enough, boys! This is detention, not a time to chit-chat." The teacher barked in disgust.

"Pardon me, I thought it was recess," Johnny said in a deadpan tone, causing the teacher to bristle in anger.

"Lawrence, I expect you to be in here, but now you've gone and corrupted Mr. LaRusso. What next, hmmm? Going to put the school up in flames?" The teacher quipped sarcastically.

"Now that's not a bad idea! Burn this dungeon of a place down."

Daniel widened his eyes in disbelief and whispered to Johnny, "You wouldn't, would you?"

Johnny smirked and shrugged while saying, "Maybe."

Daniel gulped nervously and rubbed a hand over his face while Johnny patted him lightly on the back and exclaimed, "Oh relax, Daniel. Of course, I'm not going to burn the school down."

Their teacher separated them, hoping he could alleviate the problem. The teacher reveled in the quiet bliss for a few minutes before Johnny was back to his antics. He built tiny paper airplanes that had handwritten notes such as 'It's almost fuck'o'clock time,' 'I can't wait to get you out of that nerdy-looking shirt,' and 'Nice ass, LaRusso.' And began to chuck them at the back of Daniel's head. Daniel scrambled to pick them up and opened each one up and gasped in astonishment. He crumpled the paper airplanes and shoved them in his pocket as an array of more paper airplanes flurried around him like snowflakes. The teacher stalked over to Johnny and stiffly said, "Do you want in-school suspension with me?"

Johnny pretended to think for a moment, stroking his chin before replying sweetly, "If that means more time with you, I'd love it."

The teacher mumbled profanities under his breath and something along the lines of not getting paid enough for this job. The hour of detention soon came to an end and Johnny bolted out of the door as Daniel raced after him.

"You really have no cares in the world, do you?" Daniel questioned, shaking his head.

"Do you really expect me to conform to the stupid rules they have? 'Don't do this, don't do that it's all I've been told my whole life. I'll abide by my own rules. Now come on, let's go see what other trouble we can get into."

The boys stopped at the local pizzeria and gorged out on pepperoni pizza and garlic knots. Johnny and Daniel then ended up at the superstore and Johnny found the section with toilet paper and soon had a bundle of them in his arms, beckoning Daniel to grab some as well. Daniel's arms were soon full of packages of toilet paper as he quizzically looked at Johnny.

"Why on earth do we need this much toilet paper?"

"Because we're going to cover Mr. Mathewson's yard in toilet paper," Johnny said with a mischievous grin.

"We're going to what?" Daniel said in a startled tone, nearly dropping the toilet paper onto the ground.

"Quit being a pussy. It'll be fun, I promise. Besides, we'll get him back for giving us detention for a week."

"I think the detention was pretty warranted," Daniel stated.

The boys loaded up all the toilet paper into bags and hopped onto Johnny's motorcycle and drove to their teacher's house. The sun was replaced with the moon and everything was quiet, almost too quiet as the boys entered their teacher's yard. Johnny opened a roll of toilet paper up and soon began stringing it through trees like Christmas lights as he instructed Daniel to wrap toilet paper around the wraparound porch. Daniel hesitantly flung toilet paper around the porch and the boys worked for an hour, weaving toilet paper through everything they could. They were soon disrupted when the porch light flicked on and panic blossomed through Daniel's chest as he dropped the toilet paper onto the ground.

"Surrender, surrender!" Johnny shouted, grabbing Daniel's hand, and began to run through the yard as their teacher stepped onto the porch, getting a glimpse of the boys running across his yard.

"YOU FUCKING BASTARDS." Their teacher shouted in anger.

The boys ran until they could no longer and collapsed against an oak tree and Daniel began to tremble from the adrenaline and the fear that they may have gotten caught.

"Holy shit, that was awesome!" Johnny shouted in glee, laughing maniacally.

"Awesome? Do you think that was fucking awesome? We could've been caught and you think that's awesome," Daniel bitterly stated.

"Lighten up. You can't deny that it was fun."

"You're batshit crazy," Daniel grumbled, leaning into Johnny and wrapping his arms delicately around him.

"Perhaps, but you love it," Johnny said with a grin, planting a kiss on Daniel's lips, and stood up, grabbing Daniel's hand and pulling him up.

"It's almost ten-thirty. We better get you back home before your Ma has an aneurysm," Johnny said.