Chapter 12

Daniel stumbled into his room at two in the morning still feeling the imprint of Johnny's lips against his skin like a hot branding iron, running his fingers over the marks that were lovingly left on his torso, watching them turn to a purple hue and indicating the stamp of Johnny's ownership. He licked his swollen lips that were slightly bruised from Johnny's,   relishing in the pain, marveling at the fact that he was officially his boyfriend. Daniel climbed into bed and fell asleep in Johnny's flannel as the waft of cigarette smoke engulfed him like a blanket. The morning sunlight streamed through the sheer curtains, waking Daniel up and making eye contact with Johnny who was peering over him. Daniel let out a blood-curdling scream and fell off his bed with a thud.

"Johnny, what the hell! You can't just sneak into my bedroom when I'm asleep."

"Sure I can. Your mom let me in," Johnny said with a smirk.

"She let you in?" Daniel said in exasperation, rubbing his temples before pulling Johnny by his shirt collar and leaving a quick kiss on his lips.

"Let's go, or we will be late for school."

Daniel gave him a weird look before saying, "When have you ever cared about being on time for school?"

Johnny didn't answer him and threw a pair of pants and a t-shirt at him and motioned for him to get dressed and left his room, hearing the toast in the toaster pop up. He buttered the toast and sprinkled it with cinnamon sugar and shoved it into Daniel's mouth when he came into the kitchen.

"Wow, you really make yourself at home, don't you?" Daniel said in between mouthfuls of the toast.

"Would you rather I leave?" Johnny said with a small pout.

"Oh shut up," Daniel mumbled, shoving him lightly and grabbing the handful of books that sat on the wooden dining table that was garnished with his homework, shoving it all into his backpack.

"Bye, ma! I love you," Daniel bellowed before walking out the door with Johnny, intertwining their hands together for a brief moment.

They walked side by side not saying a word and listened to the birds chirp happily in the trees and their feet slapping against the concrete. The ugly brown school building appeared and Daniel watched Johnny run off with his crew. He felt a pang of sadness but knew he'd see him later. He watched a pretty blonde put her hand on Johnny's arm, throwing her head back laughing at something he said and annoyance flickered across Daniel's face, which soon turned to jealously as he watched Johnny step closer, seeing the dreamy look in the girl's emerald eyes.

"What a bitch," Daniel huffed to himself before feeling guilty because it wasn't her fault that she didn't know, but the jealously didn't leave. He stalked angrily past them and felt Johnny's eyes burn in the back of his head, but he didn't dare to look behind him. He entered his history class and took his seat as Johnny sat next to him just as their teacher walked in. He knew Johnny was looking at him, but he didn't give the satisfaction of returning the gaze and stared at the blackboard at the front of the room. He listened to their teacher drone on about the Cold War and Johnny passed him a note, but he crumpled it up. Johnny was relentless and soon a pile of paper began to appear in Daniel's lap. He finally gave in and opened one of the slips of paper and it read, "I'm sorry :("

Daniel turned to glare at Johnny and mouthed, "You can't always just say sorry and think that everything is going to be alright."

Johnny whispered back and said, "What was I supposed to do? It's not like I want to get into her pants."

Daniel snorted sarcastically and bitterly said, "Oh, is that supposed to make me happy?"

"Can I get into your pants though?"

"Johnny!" Daniel loudly whispered as he widened his eyes before glaring at him disapprovingly. 

Johnny smirked and gripped Daniel's thigh tightly, running a finger up his inner thigh, causing him to let out a soft whimper.

"Knock it off," Daniel growled, slapping his hand away.

"Okay," Johnny said nonchalantly and hooked a finger in Daniel's belt loop, and Daniel sunk further into his seat as he pinched him.

Johnny let out a yelp and yanked away his hand as their teacher furrowed his eyebrows in irritation and said, "Boys, if you two don't stop whispering back there then I'll have no choice but to give you both detention."

"Then why don't you?" Johnny said in a smart-ass tone as Daniel widened his eyes in shock.

"Sir, he didn't mean that."

"Yes, I did," Johnny said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Their teacher scowled and spat out, "Both of you have detention after school."

Daniel glared at Johnny and mouthed, "I can't believe you just did that!"

Johnny smirked and shrugged his shoulders and leaned in and said, "You'll get to spend more time with me now."

"I'd rather not," Daniel said with annoyance.

"You'd rather not spend time with me?" Johnny said giving him sad puppy eyes.

"Not in detention!"

"That's it, LaRusso and Lawrence you have detention with me for a week. I should not have to ask more than once for you two to be quiet!" Their teacher angrily said.

"Oh, that's just great," Daniel said with a bitter sigh, glaring at Johnny who had a smug smile on his face.