Chapter 5

Johnny wiped his forehead, feeling the perspiration soak through the black piece of fabric that was tied around his head, dampening it. His chest heaved up and down in a vigorous motion as he caught his breath after slamming his opponent to the mat with a swift kick to the gut, watching the boy hit the mat as he clutched his stomach in pain and groaned. He felt Kreese's eyes on him, turning to see a devil-like smirk upon his face.

"That's how it should be done! You show your opponent no mercy. One moment of weakness and you're no longer a Cobra, but instead, a rat that's about to be swallowed whole." Kreese stated, analyzing everyone in the room as if he was trying to see which person would break first. Kreese felt the nervous energy in the room and it fueled him to weed out the boys that would fall short of his commands, knowing that to be a Cobra Kai you must not show any weakness or back down from any fight because life was a battle, or at least that's what Kreese poisoned their minds with.

The approval from Kreese sent a warm flood of relief through Johnny's chest. The last thing he ever wanted to do was falter and fall short, letting his sensei down. Kreese partnered up the boys, ordering them to do the motions he taught them earlier in the week. Johnny zoned in on his opponent, striking him in the face. His opponent fell backward and wiped the blood that dribbled from his nose. While his opponent was on the floor, Johnny glanced up and locked eyes with Daniel. The room began to spin as his knees weakened. Why on earth did the dark-haired boy have to show up at his home turf? Any concentration Johnny had left was gone as he gawked at the boy standing a few feet away from him. Before Johnny had time to think, a fist connected with his jaw, sending him spiraling backward on the mat. He groaned as embarrassment washed over him, cursing Daniel for being a nuisance and distracting him. Johnny felt Kreese's cold fingers on the back of his neck as he pulled him up off the floor with an aggravated expression planted firmly on Kreese's face.

"What the hell was that, Lawrence? I just lectured you all on not showing signs of weakness and you go and pull shit like that? You never take your attention off your opponent!" Kreese hissed as his eyes flashed in anger.

The blood from Johnny's face drained as he weakly said, "Sorry, Sensei. I uh, I well." His voice trailed off as his eyes landed back on Daniel's, losing his train of thought once again. God damn it, he was such a distraction. Kreese scoffed in disgust at Johnny's lack of attentiveness, but soon noticed the cause of distraction.

Kreese turned his attention on the older man who was accompanied by a timid boy and snarled, "What the hell are you interrupting my class for? Clearly, you can see we're in session, or do you need bifocals, old man?"

Mr. Myagi cleared his throat, crossing his arms, glancing at Daniel before returning his attention to Kreese and said, "Come tell your students to leave boy alone."

Kreese looked at the scrawny boy that was standing behind Mr. Myagi and let out a crude laugh while saying, "The boy couldn't do it himself? Does your grandpa do all the talking for you, hmm?" Kreese looked at Daniel with a cold expression, causing him to shudder in fear.

Mr. Myagi took a step forward and spoke up saying, "We make deal with you."

"What kind of deal?" Kreese gruffly said.

Mr. Myagi saw the All Valley tournament poster hanging on the wall and quickly said, "If boys leave my boy alone for two months so that I can train him for the All Valley tournament then they fight it out at the tournament, deal?"

"You're a pushy bastard, but I like that, I like that!" Kreese turned his attention to his students and said, "Do you hear that? You leave the boy alone for two months and if I hear that you so much as touched a hair on his head I'll make sure you regret it."