Chapter 3

A million little butterflies erupted in the pit of Daniel's stomach as Johnny's intense blue eyes stared him down, almost like Daniel was the prey and Johnny was getting ready to pounce. Daniel instinctively licked his pale pink lips as his eyes feasted upon Johnny's red lips that looked like they were stained by cherries, most likely the result of a tootsie pop. A strand of blond hair fell in Johnny's eyes, making him look picturesque. Daniel wanted to reach out and brush the strand away delicately but had to restrain himself and bit the inside of his cheek hard, feeling the familiar taste of metallic blood coating his tongue. He squashed the feelings he had for the taller boy, trying to pull himself together. Besides, he was with Ali, or rather was using Ali to cover up the little thing he felt for Johnny. It made him sick that he was using her for his intent, but it was better that way.

"I outta kill you for that little water hose stunt you pulled, LaRusso." Johnny's voice rang out in bitterness as he seethed through his teeth, clenching his fist at his side.

"Come on, man. Can't you leave well enough alone for one night?" Daniel said in a timid voice as the crowd began to gather around, watching with wide eyes.

"Just like you couldn't leave well enough alone on Halloween, huh?" Johnny stated with indignation. As soon as those words escaped his lips he connected his fist with Daniel's nose, hearing the crunch of the contact. He watched as Daniel fell backward, landing in the sand as he struck another blow to him.

"Ugh." Daniel groaned in pain, feeling the wind get knocked out of him from the impact, and slowly got up on his feet. With the little bit of power that he had left he swiftly swept his leg in a roundhouse kick, knocking Johnny to the ground just as Johnny tripped him and Daniel landed on top of Johnny. Daniel tried to scramble off of Johnny, but their limbs were entangled and both Johnny and Daniel felt the surge of the sizzling electricity shoot through them. Daniel's chest felt hot from the contact it made against Johnny's and he tried another tactic to get off his chest, but somehow Johnny then landed on top of Daniel. Both of the boy's cheeks had turned the color of crimson and in a flustered motion, they untangled themselves from the web they had created.

"Some fight, huh?" A person yelled out from the crowd as everyone began to whistle and holler, making crude jokes and poking fun of their little incident.

"Oh, shut up!" Johnny yelped out, brushing the sand off, wincing about the fact that he had sand in crevices that didn't feel very pleasant. Not only did he not finish the fight like his Sensei would've wanted him to, but he was also ashamed at how easy it would've been to melt into Daniel's chest if there wasn't a hundred different pair of eyes on them. He mumbled a string of curse words under his breath, trying to forget the scene that had just happened moments before. He watched as Daniel limped away with Ali in the distance, feeling almost guilty for the pain he caused him, but what other choice did he have?

"Good one, Johnny," Bobby said with a laugh as he slapped him lightly on the back. "I've never seen you stumble so much before during a fight. Is LaRusso beginning to intimidate you?"

"That twerp!?" Bellowed Johnny in an incredulous tone. "I'm not intimidated by him. Fighting in the sand isn't as ideal." He grumbled sourly, kicking the sand. His head was full of fog as he tried to collect his thoughts. He could've sworn that Daniel had felt the intense crackling energy that was between them, but perhaps it was all in his head. He tilted his head back and slugged his beer, feeling the warm sensation of the beer blossom throughout his body. Once he finished slamming his beer down he wiped his mouth and said, "I've gotta go, but I'll see you guys around." Bobby and Tommy watched in bewilderment as their friend scampered off in a rush.

                               ***
Johnny blended in with the shadows as he watched Daniel from afar, whose fingers were intertwined with Ali's dainty ones. Wasn't he suppose to feel some sort of sparks or a rush of dopamine with her? Instead, her fingers were like icicles in Daniel's, as if they were both just using each other for some sick, twisted game. Of course, she was pretty, beautiful even, but she sure as hell wasn't Johnny. Johnny tiptoed slightly behind them, making sure to stay far enough back so that he wouldn't get caught. He cursed himself out for following them, knowing it was almost a bit stalker-like to follow them, but he was captivated by Daniel. He heard Daniel's mellifluous voice and it seized him with great pleasure. He could listen to Daniel speak forever.

"Oh, look, Ali! It's the great dipper." Daniel breathed in awe as he stopped in his tracks, looking up towards the night sky. "I've never seen it in person before." He excitedly shouted in glee. Johnny almost laughed at how cute Daniel's enthusiasm was.

"Mmm, it's wonderful," Ali murmured out lightly with a nod, making Johnny wish she could at least show half the enthusiasm Daniel was.

"May I have this dance, madam?" Daniel said in a faux British accent, bowing clumsily in front of Ali. He took Ali's hands in his and spun her around in circles, humming an upbeat song as he continued twirling her until she was too dizzy to stand. They fell with a thud and her tinkly laugh filled the air.

Johnny watched in disgust as his lip curled up in a snarl, anger surging through his body. He took a step back, getting ready to turn and leave when he tripped over his feet and landed with a crash, startling both Daniel and Ali.

"Johnny! What on earth are you doing here?" Ali asked in utter shock.

"I was, I uh." Johnny couldn't manage to form words as a sheepish expression fell across his face. "I'm on my way home. Do you have a problem with that?"

"No, but you never take this way home. It's much longer this way." Ali explained while shaking her head in disbelief.

"Oh, so it's a crime to take the long way home now? Heaven forbid I cross paths with you and your new boy toy." Johnny exclaimed, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"That's enough, Johnny." Daniel hissed through clenched teeth as a fiery look formed on his face, no longer the innocent look he just held moments before. "Either you go ahead of us and leave us alone, or we'll go another route. You've already caused enough damage for one night."

Johnny stood in a stupefied stance before glaring at both of them and saying, "Screw you both." He turned on his heels, disappearing in the moonlight, leaving Ali and Daniel alone.