Epilogue

5 Years later

    "I can't believe its been 5 years since me and Kana started dating!" I say to Jackson who is changing little Toby's diaper.

    "And yet she still hasn't asked you to marry her," he says.

    "Maybe she's just waiting for the right moment," I say. For some reason that makes Jackson smirk. A moment later my phone buzzes and it says that I got a text from Kana. It says,

    "Myra, go to the tree house and find this," then it shows a photo of a heart shaped note that is folded up, "love you!" is the last part of what the message says. Jackson looks over at the text and smirks even more. Before I could even ask he interrupts me.

    "I'll drive you there! Lets go!" He grabs the car keys on the counter,

    "Wait! What about Toby?" I ask.

    "I'll take care of him," someone says. I look behind me to see Maria, Jackson's wife, at the door frame. She picks Toby up and the little toddler squeals.

    "Go on and get your letter," She says. How did she know it is a letter? I shrug it off and rush out the door with Jackson. We drive to our old neighborhood and run into the closest fence that leads to the forest. I don't want to go near my fathers house, I haven't talked to him scents the phone call.

    We get to the tree house and on the ground next to it is the folded up heart letter from the picture. I guess the tree house isn't as sturdy as it use to be, so they couldn't put it up there. I pick up the letter and open it to read what is inside.

    'go to the back of the school and you will find another one there' it says. I'm starting to get confused, but Jackson forces me to go. Once again I shrug it off and go with him.

    We get to the back of the school were the trash cans are. Luckily its Saturday and nobody is here today. I search for the letter until I found it. It read,

    'This is the exact spot where you and I had our first kiss. It isn't the best spot ever, but it was still amazing. Go into our old homeroom to find the next one.'

    I do as the letter says and walk to the classroom. I heard that Mr. Macrin retired a few years back, so I don't look for his room name. I look for the class number instead until I found it.

    'This is where I first laid my eyes on you. I thought you were cute, but I also thought you wouldn't like me back. I was so wrong! Go to the auditorium for the last message ;)'

    Okay, I don't know if the winky face is a bad sign or a good one. But if its from Kana then its most likely good. Me and Jackson walk into the auditorium. Its dark in there, but I can still walk through it. And then Jackson close's the door behind me, which was the only light source.

    "What the heck Jackson?" I say. He doesn't respond. Instead he pushes me to what I think is the front of the stage. Then he swiftly walks away from me.

    Before I can ask what the heck is going on, a spot light  comes on and it lands to a spot on the stage. There Seth stands with a mic in his hands. And then he starts singing-well more like rapping Same Love by macklemore.

    "When I was in the third grade I thought that I was gay, 'Cause I could draw, my uncle was, and I kept my room straight. I told my mom, tears rushing down my face She's like "Ben you've loved girls since before pre-k, trippin'. Yeah, I guess she had a point, didn't she? Bunch of stereotypes all in my head. I remember doing the math like, "Yeah, I'm good at little league. "A preconceived idea of what it all meant For those that liked the same sex Had the characteristics The right wing conservatives think it's a decision And you can be cured with some treatment and religion Man-made rewiring of a predisposition Playing God, aw nah here we go America the brave still fears what we don't know And "God loves all his children" is somehow forgotten But we paraphrase a book written thirty-five-hundred years ago I don't know," 

   Then another spot light came on and Kana was there is a mic in her hands. I throw my hands over my mouth in disbelief. I see Jackson walk up next to me with a camera. Why is he recording all of this? Seriously what is going on? Then Kana starts singing,

 "And I can't change, Even if I tried, Even if I wanted to And I can't change, Even if I tried, Even if I wanted to My love My love My love She keeps me warm She keeps me warm She keeps me warm She keeps me warm." 

   Then Kana walks up to me and grabs my hand and she sings the last part of the song,

    "Love is patient Love is kind Love is patient Love is kind,"

    After that Jackson points the camera to the both of us. And Seth walks to the edge of the stage like something is about to happen.     "About 5 years ago I met a girl who I thought is the most beautiful girl in the whole world. And when I first laid my eyes on her I thought to myself 'a girl like that wouldn't like me, she probably has a boyfriend.' And I was surprised to find out that she is just like me," I smile as Kana says these things about me, "we have been through alot together. The good, the bad, and the ugly. But through it all we have stuck together and have been there for each other. I like to think of myself as her knight in shining armor. But really she's mine in a way. And so today I want to ask her this very question."

    Kana gets down on one knee and-Wait! No way! Is she? No! She grabs a small box out of her pocket and opens it up to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. Oh my god she is!

    "Myra my love. Will you marry me?" She asks. I cover my mouth again and tears start streaming down my face.

    "YES YOU IDIOT!" I yell. She laughs and puts the ring on my finger. Then we hug and kiss each other. Seth jumps off the stage in excitement and both Seth and Jackson cheer. I go to hug both of them too. When I get to Jackson I ask him something important.

    "Jackson, when the wedding comes will you walk me down the aisle?" He smile and hugs me again.

    "Of course I will sis! I'm so happy for you, both of you," He says. I look over my shoulder to see Seth crying.

    "Seth, why are you crying?" I ask him.

    "Its just that, I'm so happy!" He cries. Me and Kana roll our eyes. Seth has never changed, and most likely never will. But hey! Thats not a bad thing.

    "Come on guys! Were going out to celebrate!" Jackson says. Jackson walks out the door well Seth kind of run jumps out. And then he turns around and says,

    "Oh by the way guys, I proposed to Ellie last week," Seth says.     "What?!" Me, Kana, and Jackson says at the same time.

    "Yep," Is all the Seth says before walking out the door. We all laugh and I continue to go out the door. But before I can get out, Kana picks me up bridal style. I wrap my hands behind her neck and give her a 'what the heck do you think you are doing?' face.

    "What? I'm just practicing for the honeymoon!" Kana says. I laugh.     "Can I get down now?" I ask. Kana puts on her thinking face.     "Hmmmmmm no," she says.

    "Aw come on!" I say with a fake whine. She smiles and kisses me.     "I love you," I say to her.

    "I love you too Myra," Is all she says before we walk out the door and begin our new life together.

    The end...Or is it?