Chapter 4: She's a part of my life

"Are you sure you want to go in alone?" Kana asks me, her hand gripping mine. "Don't worry about it, she can't get me in my own house. And if she does then I can just text you," I say. Kana nods and gives my hand one last squeeze before letting go and waving goodbye. I wave back and walk into my house. "Dad, I'm home," I say. My dad is sitting on the living room couch looking a bit upset about something. "Hey dad? Is everything okay?" I ask. He looks at me with his eyes narrowed. What he says next shocks me. "So Myra, Kenzie came over today," he says. I gasp, but then I quickly stop so he doesn't hear it. Luckily he didn't. He continues,

"She told me that Seth said your gay, is that true?" I don't know what to say. I can't tell him or else he's going to hate me. I remember as a kid a gay couple moved into the neighborhood once and my dad told me to not walk that way when I used to walk to school. I had to take the long way just because he didn't want me to become 'corrupted' by them. They moved out a few years later.

"A-um no! No im not um, that! I mean why would you think that?" I ask trying to hide my nervus tone. My dad looks at me strangely, but then turns away from me. "Well, its good to know that I won't have to disown you," he says in tone that means he's not joking. He really would do that.

"Now go up to your room," is the last thing he says. I quickly run up to my room and lock the door. I grab out my phone and dial Kana's number. Before it could even ring Kana picks up the phone.

"Myra?" She asks as I feel tears run down my face. "Kana, my dad is getting suspicious about me," I quietly sob to her, afraid that my dad might hear me. "Myra, its going to be fine okay? If your father loves you then he would understand," Kana says. If only she knew. Should I tell her? I trust her more then anyone, besides Seth. So I know its okay to tell her.

"Kana, my dad said that if I was then he would disown me!" After I say that I start sobbing hysterically. "R-really?! What kind of father is that?! If I had a gay kid I would never disown him! I would still love them no matter what, because that's what a good parent does!" She says. I start to calm down a little, but I still feel really upset.

"I think...I actually agree with him," I say. I hear Kana gasp on the phone. "What the heck do you mean?!" She yells so loud it almost makes me think I accidentally put the phone on speaker.

"What I mean is...What if my dad and Kenzie is right and that I am a sin or I really don't matter in life. Lets face it Kana! If everybody knew my secret then nobody will care about me! Even if I died the next day nobody would give a damn because I DON'T MATTER!" I yell as I start sobbing again.

"Myra!" Kana says in a serious but caring tone of voice, "Don't you ever say that again! Do you hear me? Because you know what? You DO matter in people's lives damn it! If you died tomorrow I would be heartbroken because I care about you! And its not just me! Seth also cares so much about you. When ever me and Seth talk he always tells me to take care of you and to make sure you're safe because he cares! And It's not just me and him Myra, i'm sure that there are others out there that care. So if you even think that nobody cares about you, then I will hunt you down and hug your face off!" That last part makes me laugh a little. Which makes me feel better.

"Thanks Kana," I say weakly.

"Its no problem Myra. And remember, those people who can't see how amazing you are, screw them! You don't need them in your life," She says, "now gets some sleep hun and we will talk in the morning, okay?"

"Alright see you tomorrow Kana," I say. Before I can hang up I hear Kana say one more thing.

"Myra?" She asks. I pick up the phone again.

"Yeah?" I ask. Once again what she said left me blushing so hard.

"You can call me babe."

For the past few weeks Seth and Kana were with me wherever I go. I didn't mind though, I mean there mostly the only two people I can actually call my friends. Anyways that's what we were going to do today to, but lucky me! I got to school late today. But I'm not scared because during classes the halls are empty. As I walk to my locker- which is close to my homeroom- the halls are silent, like they are supposed to be. As I keep walking I get a bad feeling that something is going to happen. I keep my eye out for something or someone, but nobody is there. Once I get to my locker I ease down a bit. I turn to open my locker, until someone pushes me in front of it and forces me to turn around. Kenzie is there. She has a sick smile on her face and a evil look in her eyes. "Its about time you showed up! I was worried we wouldn't have a chance to 'help' you Myra," she says. I start to shake in fright as she grabs my shirt collar. "W-we?" I ask. Kenzie laughs a low, sickening laugh before two other people come out of the halls. I recognize both of them, there some of the most popular girls. There's the one on the left with raven black hair and blue eyes, her name is Lynn. The other one with dirty blond hair who also has blue eyes is named Christina.