Chapter 3: Seth

I slowly feel my eyes open as I wake up. Once they are fully open and adjusted I look over and Kana, who is asleep next to me. I smile a little as she wakes up a few seconds later. Once she's fully awake she smiles back at me. "Hey," is the only thing she says. "Hey," I say back to her, "do you know what time it is?" She grabs her phone out of her pocket and checks. "Its 3:35, Seth should be here soon," she states, "in the mean time, can you tell me what you were crying about?" I tense up a little and hug my legs to my body again well Kana rubs my back. "I'm not going to tell anyone, and besides it might make you feel better if you talk about it," she says. I take a deep breath and start. "I found out I was a lesbian when I was 12. At first I didn't know the word for it, I just knew I liked girls the way I am supposed to like guys. I found out what it was when I went to church," I see Kana's face turn a bit pale. And i'm not even done, "they said that being gay is a sin and that you would go to hell if you were. I almost teared up right there in church. That's when I knew that..." I can't say the last words. "That's when you knew what?" Kana asks. I force myself to say it. "That's when I found out that I am...an abomination." And with that, Kana pulls me into the tightest and most caring hug I have ever been in, in my entire life. "Don't you dare say that about yourself!" Kana yells, "you are not an abomination, you are not worthless, you are not anything that makes you a bad person!" I start at the ground. "If i'm not one of those things, then what am I?" I ask. Kana takes my chin in her hands and lifts my face up so that I am facing her. She smiles a warm smile that almost makes me smile too.

"Your Myra. My Myra," she says in a soft caring voice. I see her leading towards my face slowly, and before I know what I am even doing I lean in too. My face is only inches from her's, this is it. I think we might just-

"Hey guys!" I hear Seth yell, Kana must of heard him to because she stops on the spot, "I just wanted to let you know that it-" Seth stops once he see's the position me and Kana are in. His face turns a bit red.

"Oh, im sorry! Please continue." Seth says as he climbs down the ladder, but his eyes leveled just below the front entrance to peak at us.

"SETH!" Me and Kana yell, but in different tones. I yelled it in a series tone well Kana's was playful. Seth climbs inside and sits next to the door. The light through the entrance beams on Seth's face, and that's when I notice the black eye.

"SETH! WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?" I scream. Seth rises his hands to calm me down. "It's okay, its just a black eye chestnut, Mr. Macrin showed up and stopped her before she could do anything else," he says. "Mr. Macrin stopped who? Tell us who did this to you," Kana says. Seth stays silent, not even looking at us anymore. I can feel anger form inside of me, not for Seth, but whoever did this to him.

"Seth, if you don't tell me right now, I'm going to walk into school tomorrow and ask everyone myself!" I say in a demanding voice. Seth waits a few moments, then he finally looks up at us.

"It was Kenzie,"

"WAIT WHAT!" I scream. Why would Kenzie hurt one of her best friends? "Why would she do that?" Kana asks, like she read my mind.

"Because she found out I knew and that I was okay with it. She tried to convince me that you are a sin and to join her to hurt and humiliate you," Seth says, "its like she thinks you worship the devil or something! Like you're his little minion who dance's around with flaming pants on or something," Seth says smirking.

"Seth, this is no time for joking around. What was Kenzie planning on doing to Myra?" Kana asks.

"All I know is that they were going to push her into the janitors closet and beat her. Also one girl suggested that they write 'Homo' on your forehead and show it around school," Seth says.