Chapter 5: Date night

After school ended and Kana got me an ice pack from her house for my bruises, which are now not very noticeable by the way, we go out into town. It has been awhile since I have been downtown, I forgot how surprisingly big it was for our small town.

Me and Kana get to the old fashion movie theater and search for a movie to watch. "Lets watch that one!" Kana says well point at the movie poster entitled 'Dead end'. "Isn't that a horror movie though?" I ask. She gives me a fake evil grin.

"Oh no! We are NOT watching that!" I say.

"Oh come on! It's not THAT scary. Besides it will be a good chance to get you to cuddle me again," she says. "Fine!" I sigh. We walk in and get our tickets, we don't bother to get the overpriced food here. Once we walk in the theater it is already dark in there. I grab Kana's hand and she guides me through the crowed. We find a place to sit in the back row, but we still hold each others hands. During one of the trailers Kana leans up and presses her lips against my ear and whispers,

"Its a good thing we chose to sit back here, so if we get bored of the movie we can make out!" I start blushing a bit, Kana notices and quietly laughs. "Geez! I haven't been your girlfriend for at least a full day and you bring that up?" I ask. Kana shrugs and we face the screen again. Soon after the movie starts. It starts out okay, nothing too scary is happening. But after an hour into the movie I am shaking up a storm.

"Are you sure you're okay? Do you need someone to hold on to?" She asks, holding her arms out towards me. I shake my head.

"No, no its fine. It was just unexpected thats all," I say. Kana shrugs again and continues to watch the movie. As I hope the movie would get better, it just gets worst and worst. The worst is what happens next. A girl in the movie gets sliced in half by a saw blade. When it starts to go through her I immediately jump onto Kana's lap and burry my face in her shoulder. She pats my back to comfort me, but I can tell that she is grinning.

I stay like that for the rest of the movie, when it finally ends the credits roll and we both get up.

"Now that wasn't so bad was it?" Kana asks.

"Yeah, it was only absolutely terrifying!" I say. Kana rolls her eyes.

"You big baby!" She says as we walk out of the theater.

"But really, it was kind of fun. Thanks Kana," I say.

"Anything for my girlfriend!" She says as she leans up and kisses me. We get a few nasty glares from people, but I don't give a damn what others think. If I wanna tell the world that this girl is mine, then damn right I will do it!

When we finally separate Kana walks me home. When we get there we stand hand and hand on my front doorstep.

"Thanks again for tonight Kana," I say.

"Its not problem. And don't worry, next time we can watch whatever you want to watch," She says, "just as long as it isn't a gushy love story."

We both laugh and I kiss her cheek.

"Night hun," Kana says.

"Night babe," I replied.I step inside my house and close the door behind me. Tonight was a pretty good night. I hope I will be able to-

"Myra," my dad says, coming out nowhere. Oh no, he's using his angry voice. It is never good when he is using his angry voice.

"Y-yeah dad?" I ask him.

"Kenzie came over again and showed a picture of you kissing another girl," he says, oh crap. Kenzie must have gotten Seth's phone in the end.

"What is the meaning of it?" He asks.