Chapter 7: Darkness

No matter how hard I try I can still hear them screaming at each other from down here. So far nothing seems to be getting physical, and hopefully it stays that way.

    I finally decided that I am tired of it and climb out my window. I just want to go out into town for awhile. I don't really want to go alone though, so I text Kana and Seth to see if they're awake and to tell them where I'm going and if they come great! Plus its a friday night and its not that late. I decided against texting Jackson because if dad somehow finds out, it will not be good.

    I walk the usual path to the park, but then I decide to take a short cut. I look down an alleyway, its dimly lit up and it looks like no one is there. There are a few trash cans and such, but thats about it. I walk down the alley, being careful and making sure that I don't step on anything like broken glass or something. 

   And then, I hear someone faintly chuckle behind me. Before I could turn around to see who it is, they grab me and pin me to the ground. I try to get a good look at them, all I can see is that he's a guy and he is most likely drunk.

    I try to struggle out of his grip, but he is way too strong. He starts to slap me a few times, and then he tries to kiss me! I keep moving away and I try to scream for help, but he just slaps me again. He continues for another few minutes, and then he goes down to unbutton my pants. As he does it he looks at me and laughs a low, sick laugh. Once he got my pants undone he starts to pull them down. I close my eyes to embrace myself for the worst. But then I hear an "Pft" sound.    I open my eyes and see the man who was raping me down on the ground with Kana kicking him in the gut.

    "Get. The. Heck. Away. From. Her. You. Piece. Of. Shit." Kana says while kicking the man over and over again. Then I feel myself being picked up by someone, I look up to see Jackson. I then look back at the guy  and see that Kana has backed away from him and Seth walks up to him. He picks the man up by the collar and whispers to him,     "You do NOT mess with my best friend!" And then he slams the man to the brick wall of the building. He slams him a few times on the wall and then he punches him in the gut. Then in the face, which I think broke his nose, and then he slams him back on the ground and kicks him in the nuts. Seth then looks over at me and runs over, Kana does the same.

    Jackson gently puts me down and they all group hug me. After a few moments Seth and Jackson let go, but Kana stays on me like a koala. Then she finally looks up at me-with tears in her eyes-and kisses me, then she buries her face back into my chest.

    "You idiot," she cries, "why did you go out in the middle of the night alone? And of all places, a dark alley? Really Myra? Are you that stupid?" I rub her back to help calm her down.

    "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking, i'm sorry," I say over and over again. I look over at Jackson who has hurt in his eyes. I then look over at Seth who is at the front of the alley and talking to someone on the phone. It might be his brother Sam, I can tell because I can hear him sing,     "Sam's got a crush! Sam's got a crush! Sam likes Dani!" Dani? Yep! He's definitely talking to Sam. See, Seth's parents were divorced four years ago. Sam stayed with his mom, Seth went with his dad. They both married other people after a while. And Dani is Sam's best friend. They're both thirteen. We all know about Sam's crush on her. Seth told us, even though he probably wasn't supposed to.

    Anyways after his call ended he walks back up to us. By this time Kana has let go of me.

    "Myra! What happened? Are you okay? Do you want me to kick him in the nuts again?" Seth keeps asking over and over again.

    "Seth I'm fine! How did you guys know I was here anyways?" I ask. Kana grabs her phone and shows me the text I sent her and Seth.     "We got your message and thought something was wrong. So we told your brother and we went out to find you, and then we heard you scream," She says, sniffing a bit from the aftermath of the crying.     "Come on, we need to get you home and tell dad about this," Jackson says, "he may be in bad shape right now, but there is no way he could ignore this." We all get into Jackson's truck and drive away.