Chapter 9: The L word

Me and my brother are house hunting right now. We have been staying in a motel for a few days now. Its not that bad when you get past the coffee stains and the smell of farts from Jackson. But hey! No cockroaches!

    I was hanging out with Seth and Kana in the tree house again. I'm glad we are putting it into good use again. Jackson came with us this time. Ah,the nostalgia. And then Seth gets a call from his brother Sam."Seth. Guess what?" Sam says.

    "What?" 

   "I'm . . . dating Dani!"

    "Shhh!" Seth says. "I don't want to owe Kana five bucks!"

    "Too late!" Kana says . Seth sighs.

    "Here." Seth says giving Kana 5 bucks. And then Jackson reaches in his pocket and gets out his wallet and hands her 5 bucks.

    "Am I the only one who didn't know about this bet?" I ask. They all say simultaneously,

    "Yep!"

    "I couldn't take money from you," Kana says. " Not in a bet anyway. Just . . . from your purse occasionally."

 "What?" I cry.

 "Nothing . . . here. Go buy yourself something nice." Kana says, handing me money."

 Thanks. Do you think this will be enough to buy a new girlfriend?" I ask. Kana laughs.

 "Like you could get rid of me that easily." She says. To prove her wrong I get up and walk out of the tree house.And thats when I hear my phone ring. I look to see who it is. Its my dad. Should I talk to him? Maybe he wants to apologize. I answer the phone.

    "What do you want?" I ask. Even if he is apologizing I'm not going to be nice about it.

    "Hey Myra, listen sorry I said those things about you. They were way over the line and a father should not say that about their daughter," he says.

    "You should be sorry," I say.

    "I am. And that's why I want you to come home!" He says.

    "Well, you see, I'm looking for a place with Jackson," I say, "but I do kind of miss you, so sure! I will come home," I say.

 "Oh thank god Myra! And don't worry, once you get home you will get all the help you need," My dad says. Wait, what?

 "What do you mean, get all the help I need?" I ask.

 "I found a Christian therapist that can help cure your gayness," He says.

    "You make it sound like it's a disease dad," I say. He doesn't respond, he just continues talking.

    "And also there's one more thing we have to do to help you," he says, "you are not allowed to see Kana anymore," I almost hang up right on the spot

.    "No way dad!" I yell into the phone, "you can't make me! I like who I am and I want to stay with Kana," I say.

 "I just want to help you Myra," I dad says into the phone.

 "Well maybe I don't want help, maybe I don't need it!" I yell.

 "I don't get it Myra! Why do you want to stay with a girl like her?"

 "ITS BECAUSE I LOVE HER!" I yell as loud as I can into the phone. Then I hear a few gasp behind me. I turn around and see Kana standing only a few feet away from me with her hands over her mouth. Also Seth is at the entrance of the tree house with a cheesy grin on his face.