chapter 23

BPOV

I woke up to the smell of sun and honey. My eyes fluttered and I saw Edward laying there with his arms around me. I knew there was a reason why I was comfortable. A few seconds later, Edward woke up.

"Good Morning." he said, sleepily with the smile.

"Good Morning, but can I ask what you are doing in my bed?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Uh...Um...You were crying last night and said my name. I came up here to comfort you and when I went to go back down to my bed, you told me to stay." he looked at the ground.

"Oh...well thank you," I blushed.

We sat there for five minutes until I heard yelling and crying downstairs. Edward and I looked at each other. We got out of bed and went downstairs. I was shocked at what I saw. My dad had Emmett in handcuffs. Rosalie was crying in the corner and I decided that I had better take care of this.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, DAD?" I yelled. I was so angry that I was crying.

"I'm sorry, Bells, but I have to take him in." I could tell this was killing him to do.

"Dad, come on, don't do this. He doesn't need this on his record." I tried to be vague, but I guess he wasn't getting it.

"Bella, I have to do this. It's my job."

"It's your job to arrest someone that was protecting your daughter from getting raped?" I cried.

"Well, that's just something that you will have to come down to the station and file a statement."

I couldn't believe this. Fine if Emmett was going so was I.

"Fine, you want to arrest Emmett, then arrest me too." I said sticking my arms out.

"Bella!" Everybody yelled. My dad stopped in his tracks. Emmett looked at me, pleading for me not to do this.

"Bella, stop being silly. Let me do my job. You haven't done anything to be arrested for." he said.

"Dad, please don't do this. We will all come down and give statements. Just don't bring him in like this." I was pleading. He didn't even give me a second glance and he walked out the door. I ran after him and hugged Emmett.

"Bella, stop. I'll be fine. You know me," he half smiled. I could tell he was upset. I let him go and Edward wrapped his arms around me. I turned around and cried on his shirt. I saw my dad pull away with my brother in the back. We went back inside and I went to my room. Everybody left but Edward.

"Edward, you should just go home. All I'm going to do is hang around here and call my lawyer."

"Well if it's ok with you, I would like to just hang out with you." I looked at him to see if he was being sincere and he was.

"Yeah, that's fine." I smiled and call Brad.

This is going to be good. Not!

EMPOV

I watched as my sister cried on Edward's shoulder. That should be me not him. I sat in the back seat, not saying a word to my dad. It's not that I was mad at him for it. I knew he was doing his job, but he made my Rosie cry and I didn't like that. "You understand that I'm just doing my job, right?" my dad asked.

"Yeah, I understand. I just don't see why you couldn't have waited till everybody went home."

"I'm sorry. If I would have known that was how Bella was going to act like then I would just told you to come with me."