chapter 20

EMPOV

I woke up, got dressed and went to work out. I was listening to my ipod when I saw Bella walk by she giggled. I stopped my music to see what was so funny. I mean I'm always in a need of a good joke.

"What's so funny?" I asked. She just shook her head and headed towards the tread mill. I went back to doing my work out routine when I noticed the look on Bella's face, like something was bugging her. I tried for a good a minute to get her attention when she noticed me. Man, she must have been in deep thought.

"What?" She snapped. I knew she didn't mean to, but I was still taken back by it. I mean, she was in a good mood when she came down here.

"Sorry, you just look like you were thinking hard about something that was frustrating you. I figured that I would lend my ears to listen if you want to talk." I smiled.

"I don't know really. I just have this feeling that something big is about to happen. It's annoying because I don't know if it's a good or a bad feeling," she told me being completely honest. I missed the way things used to be, but this is a start. I got up and gave her a hug. I knew that it would make her some what better.

"Don't worry Bells, I'll won't let anything happen to you." I told her. I kinda figured that she would be nervous today after what happened yesterday. I mean there were a few people that knew about Marie and now probably the whole town knows. I do feel sorry for her, but I will protect her. She continued her work out and I finished mine. I headed up to my room to get a shower. When I got out, I wrapped my towel around me and headed to my closet. I picked out my clothes and got dressed. After I was finished, I looked in the mirror and was surprised with what I saw. I actually picked something out that Bella normally would. She would be so proud that she is rubbing off on me. Man, I sound so girly right now. I just shook my head and went downstairs to get something to eat. I'm a grown boy, I have to eat. I sat there eating when Bella walked in. She looked at me, I knew that look, she was shocked. So was I, Bells, so was I.

"Dang, Emmett, look at you. I taught you well," she told me with a smile on her face. She looked like she achieved her main goal in life. Which wouldn't surprise me if it was.

"Yeah I know. I was surprised myself," I laughed at myself. I noticed that she was getting nervous.

"I guess it's time to face everybody. I'm kinda nervous after yesterday." she said with a nervous smile.

"Everything will be ok." I reassured her with a smile. I would never let anything happen to her and she should know that. I mean we are family and family sticks together. Now I sound gay. What is up with me this morning. Maybe I need to lay off the snacks before bed. We headed to school, with Bella in front. I always let her in front because I'm a nice big brother, but she thinks its because she's the fastest. Psh, yeah right. As we turned the corner I saw all the paparazzi there. Crap! Somebody leaked out about Bella. I then decided to call her, I mean she was going 5 mph in a 30 mph.

Bella Emmett

Yeah

Um...do you see what I see?

Yes, Emmett, I'm in front of you

Well what do you want to do about it. You know they have tried for years to get an interview with Marie Swan. Now they know where you go to school.

Yes, Emmett I know this. I don't know what to do

Well, we can go back home

No, I will not hide. I told everyone yesterday, I should of known that this was going to happen.