25: iris was always going to try

Chapter Twenty-Five
iris was always going to try

Chapter Twenty-Five  iris was always going to try

3rd person pov

the next day , Iris did what she did. she woke up and got dressed. she got the stables and she felt someone grab her arm so she looked up and she saw gaby holding her arm with a scared look on her face.

"g, hey whats up? whats going on?" she asked the scared girl in front of her and gaby looked at the ground

" I think ariel is going into labor, do you know where pin is?" she asked and iris shook her head and she pulled her phone out.

"no but I can call him. in the mean time, what do you need me to do?" she asked and gaby smiled at the girl. no matter what, iris was always going to try and help someone even if she was anger.

some people say time repeats itself, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't but this action showed that iris was practically the carbon copy of maggie Phillips and they all could see that. gaby looked at the girls eyes and she saw no ill intent . she saw no harsh thoughts , she just saw a girl who wanted to help and cared about everyone in her own little way.

"just stay with me and ariel please" Gaby spoke and Iris nodded as she grabbed gabys hand and she ran her thumb over it.

"of course gaby. I'm here for both of you. now let me call pin and see if he can get here, if not I think we might be on our own" she said and she stepped away from gaby for a second as she called her boyfriend but there was no answer and it went to voicemail.

"anything?" gaby asked and iris shook her head as she put her phone back in her pocket and she turned to gaby.

"nothing, we just need to be there for her right now g" she said and gaby nodded as iris grabbed her hand and she led her back to the stall with ariel in it. they heard her let out a loud whinny as they walked in and as climbed up onto the ledge as gaby walked to ariel and she ran her hand over her side. Iris looked at the pair with a smile on her face.

"you're really good with her y'know?" iris said and gaby smiled up at her as Ariel whinnied again and they both stared at her

"thanks" she said and Iris nodded as she sighed and opened her phone again. no missed calls, no nothing. The girls walked into the room and they all looked at gaby and iris

"wheres zoe?" Becky asked and Iris sighed.

"I watched gaby call her a few minutes ago. shes not coming and pin isn't either. i think we're delivering this foal on our own" Iris spoke and She heard becky take in a deep breathe before she walked out of the room with the others following and Marcus walked in as he looked at the two girls