23:iris you're a genius

Chapter Twenty-Three
iris you're a genius

Chapter Twenty-Three iris you're a genius

3rd person pov

they had kept her hidden, they knew what they needed to do and they were doing it but at what cost. Iris stood in the stall with pin, gaby and zoe as ariel stomped her foot on the ground in anger.

"somethings wrong" gaby stated and iris nodded with agreement

"i cant figure it out. shes physically fine" pin said and iris looked at ariels smotach

" well, maybe she knows there's a price on her head. the whole island is looking for her" zoe said and iris shook her head

"i dont think its that z" she said and pin looked down at her before the window opened and Marcus looked in at them

"hey is mia here?" he asked them

"no , why?" zoe questioned

"the training center called, they want me to do my exam today, and she supposed to be riding for me" he said

"today?" zoe asked

"yep. examiners on her way" Marcus replied

"you have to cancel" gaby said

"ariels distressed. we cant let any outsiders in until we know whats wrong" pin stated and Marcus sighed and nodded.

"ill give them a call back" he said and he went to walk away

"Marcus. you're always putting us and the stables first and now we need to do this for you. dont cancel , go out there and ace that exam golden boy. we'll be rooting for you" iris stated and he smiled gratefully as he walked away and closed the window

"iris" gaby said and iris shook her head

"we can handle her, i know we can" iris said and they all sighed before they looked back at ariel as she stomped against the floor again. Iris looked at gaby and then zoe before she made eye contact with pin and pin looks at her

"you said that you didn't believe she was scared or freaking out because of the warrant, why do you believe?" he asked and she looked at gaby again and gaby walked over as iris did too.

"i think she might be pregnant but we cant be too sure" iris said and gaby turned to her

"iris you're a genius" pin said and he walked out of the room and iris watched in confusion before she turned back to the girls.

"but how?" she asked and iris sighed and shrugged.

"i mean she is apart of the wild herd gaby, its always a possibility" she said "and how do we check that?" gaby questioned further and iris sighed as she ran her hand through her hair and she shrugged.

"we might need pin for that" she said and zoe nodded as she left the room and went to find pin but he was gone and iris didn't know what to do. mia wasn't going to be there for marcus' exam and Marcus needed someone else. iris now knew where pin was when zoe walked back in and looked at her

"he's with Marcus isn't he?" she asked and zoe shrugged before iris sighed and nodded. she turned to gaby and she ran her hand over her arm as iris thought about her next movements.

"i think right now, you and her need some bonding time so zoe you help her with that. i have to go but I'll be back later. i promise" she said and she left the room as she began to look around for her boyfriend and low and behold, there he was with the examiner and Marcus as he rode elvis around the course. iris was shocked to see them working together but she wasn't mad about it. it made her happy in some sort of way. she watched her boyfriend ride around the ring as Marcus watched too and he complimented him.iris saw that look in his eye and she knew that Marcus was hurt, mia was supposed to be there and she couldn't even do that. iris didn't know what had happened with mia when they went off without her and maybe she didn't want to know.

Iris sighed and shook her head as she walked to Priscilla and bullets shared stalls that held a wall between them and she smiled at the two of them before she looked at bullet and then she heard ariel again before the door burst open and iris watched ariel go past her and she snapped her head towards the two girls who were running after her and she sighed. she ran out of the stall after them and she watched as they ran to ravens stall and there stood ariel and raven together. Iris leaned against the wall and she smiled at the sight of them.

"well that's odd" she said and then zoe looked at the two horses together and then at her girlfriend.

"here. come on boy" zoe said and she grabbed ravens lead as she led raven out of the stall and ariel followed close behind him with gaby and iris walking behind them too. when they got back to the stall, iris looked at the two and then at the girls

"I think we can test my theory now" she said and she heard pin walk in as he saw the two horses together and he smiled.

"I think we should too" he said and he stepped closer to her as she looked at him and he put his hand on her stomach, he felt around for a second before he confirmed it and they all smiled but then it all came crashing down as they looked up and there in the doorway as heather staring at them with an anger but hurt look on her face.

"I knew you were hiding something from me" she said and iris shared a look with the others.

now? now It was going to go downhill and there was nothing anyone could do about that.

-ABBYS NOTES-

making iris and Marcus stay friends even after what happened to them makes me feel better because I know that they ended on a note where they may still be here but they are exes who can be friends and be civil.  it's annoying when people act like exes can't be friends and it has to be awkward. it doesn't have to be and I want people to know that. iris and Marcus were in love but over time those feelings fade that's okay but that doesn't mean you have to hate the other person and it doesn't mean you have to treat them like the plague. yes, they broke up, yes it is still possible for them to be friends and yes they are because it's toxic to believe that exes can't be friends. iris can care about the pin in a different way than she cares about Marcus. She's not a homie hopper and shes not a bad person. if you feel like she is, please keep that to yourself because it's disrespectful to me and anyone else who loves this character.

sorry for the rant. had to get that one out.