so I may or may not have done a little something

A few days ago, I decided to conduct a little experiment. You guys all know how I constantly question if I really earned my audience here or if it was just the luck of COVID, right? Well, I finally decided to put this question to rest by starting this little experiment a few days ago.

See, I've been keeping a little secret (granted, only for about two to four days, but still): SoundCloud and YouTube aren't the only places I post my music. A few days ago, I actually created an account on Newgrounds and, two days later, posted my music there as well.

The thing is, I didn't want to tell any of you. I wanted to see if getting an audience for my content really was just luck or if I actually am worthy enough and can earn it myself.

I think you can tell from how I'm repeating words so much and making my sentences a bit sloppy that I'm a bit disorganized right now. Because I kid you not, literally only two days after posting my music on Newgrounds, I saw these notifications on my feed and took screenshots accordingly.

 Because I kid you not, literally only two days after posting my music on Newgrounds, I saw these notifications on my feed and took screenshots accordingly

First, some context

First, some context. I posted my introduction in the New User Introduction thread and mentioned that one of my stretch goals was to get my music in a video game, which is why the kind user above mentions that.

To get your music actually visible in Newgrounds's Audio Portal, you have to have at least 4 submissions, and someone has to scout you for it. This ensures that whoever's consuming content on the site only sees high-quality submissions. What makes the second picture special is the fact that any scouted user can scout you (and there are quite literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of those), but I got scouted by Tom Fulp. You know, the Tom Fulp—as in the creator of Newgrounds himself.

And then I got frontpaged. In two days. Do I even need to explain?

That's not even considering the fact that these screenshots were taken within literal minutes of each other—look at the listen counts on the first and third images.

With that, I will proceed to write what is hopefully the most accurate portrayal of my immediate reaction.

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So, yeah. I'm not trying to brag, by the way; I'm just a little bit excited, if you couldn't tell. If I disappear for a bit in the near future, hopefully it'll be because I'm working on a song for a video game.

And as for that question? Well...I think I finally know the answer.