I suck at art

So, you decided to open up the book, eh? All right. Don't say I didn't warn you.

If you're here, you're probably tired of me talking about how much I suck at art. Well, I don't want to be all bark and no bite, so I've decided to finally show you guys my horrible sketches. As an added bonus, I'll even write a paragraph explaining why they suck.

Alright, enough talk. Here's proof that I suck.

 Here's proof that I suck

There. You happy?

I drew them with a regular pencil and paper—the old-fashioned way. I don't have the luxury of using fancy "drawing tablets" or "Ctrl+Z" or "Adobe Animate" or whatever.

I tried drawing my human designs for Fanny and Gelatin, as well as a random eye because why the hell not. I know I said Fanny's supposed to have a hoodie, but I found out that I can't draw a hoodie. So instead, I drew her in just her shirt without a hoodie.

God, this sucks. The shading and coloring on the eye is so inconsistent. Fanny's neck is so small. Gelatin's hair is too big. What the hell are those two gray oblong blobs on their faces supposed to be? Eyes? I made Fanny's arms and body way too skinny. I mean, she is supposed to be fit, but come on. Also, her arms are way too high up on her body. On the contrary, I didn't give Gelatin any arms at all. What the hell, me. And I think his hair is way too big. Fanny's eyelashes—or rather, those dinky straight lines that I have the nerve to call eyelashes—are just...uh, well...dinky straight lines that I have the nerve to call eyelashes. Her hair is uneven at the back. Gelatin's hair looks so unclean. There's overlapping lines everywhere on him.

Have I made my point yet?

Before I forget, I'd like to give a special thanks to my scanner for being kind enough to not pick up all the erased guide lines and screw-ups and stuff. It's like polishing a turd: it's horrible, rancid, disgusting, repulsive, and should never see the light of day, but it's cleaner.

I'd like it if you guys could leave some comments. If you think they're good, just know that you have my heartfelt thanks and my recommendation that you visit an eye doctor. If you think that they suck, don't tell me I suck. I already know I suck. Instead, tell me WHY I suck, HOW I suck, and what I can do to NOT suck. (That's basically the rule of thumb for constructive criticism in general, I guess.)

I'd put my typical closing catchphrase here, but I honestly don't even know if there's going to be a next one. If I do end up making a new doodle, then I'll edit this part and say the thing. Until then, thanks for reading.

EDIT: Well, there's a next one now, so I guess I'll say the thing.

I'll see you in the next one.