Writing Camp Introduction: First Draft

Hey, guys. You all responded really positively to my object writing camp idea, which I really appreciate! I'm glad other people think this idea is cool, too. So, I drew up this little introduction to be the first chapter of the camp book. I'd really appreciate if you guys read it and gave me feedback. Thanks!

——————————

(Introduction Start)

Wattpad's Terrific, Fantastic Object Response Camp!

Welcome to WTFORC 1, the first ever (I think) object camp for writers! Ever wanted to participate in an object camp but didn't have the skill, time, or motivation to draw or animate? No problem! To participate in this object writing camp, all you need is a keyboard and a Wattpad account!

If you don't know what an object camp is, it's quite similar to competition reality shows like Total Drama Island, Survivor, or Battle for Dream Island. Basically, a group of competitors—anthropomorphic objects, in this case—all try to withstand a series of challenges to become the last one standing. Alliances and betrayals are (most of the time) completely legal and allowed; after all, there can only be one winner!

I'll explain how to sign up later in the chapter. For now, here's a quick overview of the camp mechanics. There's gonna be a lot of key terms in this overview, which are highlighted in bold. I'll put an index of all the key terms near the end of the chapter. All right, let's go!

Let's start with the basics. Each round will have four phases: Write, Wait 1, Whack, and Wait 2. In the Write phase, contestants will receive a writing challenge prompt from me, which they must then write a story about in response (in first person) and submit to me through DMs before a given deadline. Each response will be limited to a certain maximum word count—and, for the sake of transparency, I will be using the "wordcounter.net" website to count the words in the responses.

The Wait phases are some sort of catch-all phases. This is normally the "reality" section of the competition—namely, this is the time that contestants get to socialize with their fellow competitors, forge alliances, conspire against other people, etc. In Wait 1 specifically, I will be judging the contestants' responses, while in Wait 2 I will be preparing a new challenge!

Perhaps the most important aspect of the Wait phases is the contestants' ability to buy Tokens: game pieces which, when redeemed, (usually) give its user an edge over the competition. Tokens will be explained later.

And now, for every reality show lover's favorite part: the Whack phase. In this phase, anyone not deemed immune at the end of the Wait 1 phase will be up for elimination. These non-immune contestants must then, by a given deadline, vote for one of the others to be eliminated from the competition. Once I've tallied up the votes and factored in any played Tokens, whoever has the most votes is Whacked from the competition and is out of play! (But they're not out of the camp completely; they still have a role to serve on the Jury, or they might even get a chance to Rejoin...)

Some more important camp events to go over: the Merge. Everyone loves a reality show merge! In the Merge, all formal teams are dissolved (but alliances can stay). Then, either I reorganize the players into (usually) fewer teams than before the merge, or I announce that it's a Final Merge. Once the Final Merge is announced, the camp enters the Endgame.

In the Endgame, it's every competitor for themselves and you cannot buy any more tokens. You can still play them, though...

...until the Homestretch, which is the final five. In the final five, all Tokens are nullified. It's completely (more or less) fair game from here on out. Once three people go out, we enter the Finale.