Untitled Part 16

iN CaSE thE TitLE dIDn'T tELl yOU enOUgH, this is the finale for the Stupid Hunger Games.

It's been a long, arduous journey so far, and 22 tributes have been killed off. Now, only two remain. And now, you'll find out which one walks home with the victory. But first, let's talk.

From the very beginning, it seemed like E was destined to fail. They were one of the three tributes unlucky enough to start day 1 without their one natural ally: their district partner, who fell in a hole and died. I could go ahead and reiterate all the examples from last chapter, but I think you know what I mean. Not only did nobody believe in E, but E didn't even believe in themselves. It seemed to be only a matter of time before E died a painful and embarrassing death like their partner did. From the dark pit of hopelessness that the District 10 tributes found themselves in, nobody could have expected one of them to claw their way up out of it and snag a spot in the final two. Yet here E is now, in contest for the title.

Then there's Banana, the unexpected killer out of the two. As early as day 3, she made a bold statement when she decided to kill off her own district partner: she was going to win this thing, and no one was going to stop her. She then proceeded to kill two more people throughout the game, one of which died via decapitation after Banana used his own sword to kill him. She had no allies in this game, but she didn't need any.

You know, it's kind of funny that I compared Banana to Katniss in the last chapter. I initially did it in jest, but now I see a few similarities. First, they're both from District 12. Second, they're both smart and strong in the game, with good sense of what to do and how to stay alive. Third, they're willing to make alliances with people to get further in the game. And finally, they're both in the final two. Obviously, Katniss won the 74th Hunger Games, so you can see where I'm going with this.

But there was one thing. There was one thing that Katniss didn't do at the end of the Hunger Games. One thing that made all the difference. And that one thing...

...was that at the very end of the games, in the final two, Katniss didn't eat the nightlock. Guess who did.

And you know what that means