Chapter 10 - Another visitor?

Dusk settled as the two exited the bus and were dropped off at the park of chitose.
Street lights were on and the streets were silent but cars and other vehicles passed by at certain moments.

The street lights were illuminating the road and stores were shining across. As they walked along the sidewalk towards the port they soon came across the sea. The soft cold breeze was a pleasing feeling for the two.

As they entered the port. They saw the carrier's lights were now on and voices could be heard above the ship. They approached the nearest gangway and climbed aboard the carrier. They saw the others wearing their casual clothes and were done with today's work. Some of them were above the tanks relaxing especially Shin, the gunner of Aki's firefly, wearing his hoodie and listening to music on his walkman. He's not much of a talkative person and barely leaves his room but he still is a nice person especially in times of need. And over at the sloped part of the ramp were Haru, Leo and Jiro playing soccer, Haru was dribbling the ball while Leo and Jiro were looking for a chance to steal the ball.

Haru: C'mon you two which way am I gonna go huh? Left or right which way?

Provoking the two further, they looked at each other and gave a nod. They both charged at him at both sides while a cheeky grin grew at Haru's face, he rolled the ball up his leg and did a rainbow and the ball arched over his head. With both Leo and Jiro shocked by amazement they bumped into each other whilst scratching their foreheads.

Koichi: Oooh that looks fun. HARU, LEO, JIRO I WANNA JOIN!

Koichi ran up to the three while Kenji went to see Fuji. A couple of voices could be heard from the others who were seated on top of the hulls of their tanks and others were standing beside the ledge of the carrier.

Jun: it wasn't my fault that I couldn't read Kanji.

Aki: It was in hiragana Jun, and it wasn't that far out to read. We really need to get your eyes checked, or maybe you just need glasses.

Jun: I don't want to look like Soma.

Kenji entered the halls and proceeded down to the hangar to find Fuji.

The clanking of metal stairs echoed the rooms as he went down the decks. And as soon as he got to the hangar, Fuji was already standing near a stack of crates while a person was inside a large box throwing sprockets out of it.

Fuji: Oi be careful, those aren't cheap you know.

Kenji: Fuji.

Fuji turned around and waved towards Kenji who was walking towards him.

Fuji: Ah Kenji good news. The wirings on the tanks are good as new. The pop up flag thingy works, optics are set, the fuel lines were also gnawed but was easily fixed and it was all thanks to me.

He puffed his chest proudly and as if the lights were all focused on him. But the person who was throwing the sprockets stood up from the box and scratched his head.

???: And who exactly came crawling down on his knees begging for help

As if arrows poked down his back he looked down shyly.

Fuji: It was hard to get those flags to pop up alright.

Anton Versailles, a white haired youngster who's responsible for everything on the lower deck of the ship.

Anton: Hello Kenji.

Kenji: good evening Anton, Oh and also Fuji, you said something earlier about the fuel line getting gnawed?