Chapter 5 - Brotherhood

The walk back towards the mess hall was silent and all Kenji could only hear the sound of waves hitting the carrier. He looks at his watch realizing what time it is.

Kenji: 9:30 already, that took longer than expected.

The echo of Kenji's footsteps was the only thing that can be heard from the halls, But once he returned to the mess hall the room was empty, all of the chairs were neatly organized in the corner, food platter's were cleaned and stacked, But a person walked out of the storage room with a broom in hand.

Kyouya: Oh Kenji your back, if your wandering where the others are well they tucked in earlier today.

Kenji: That's unexpected coming from them, Well if that's the case goodnight Kyouya and oh were gonna practice tomorrow.

Kyouya: About time, I was getting bored from doing the same things all day for the past two weeks, Well goodnight to you too Kenji.

A grin rose from Kyouya's face, it's like he's about to embarrass someone out of nowhere.

Kenji: What's with that smile on your face?

Kyouya: Oh no reason.

Kenji: Did any new topic came up when I was gone?

Kyouya: No not in particular really.

Kenji: Well whatever it is I'll bet it's some rumor going on.

Kyouya: Like any great tank commander you have great intuition hehe.

Kenji: sigh* I'am leaving now.

Kyouya: yeah see ya Kenji.

As Kenji left the mess hall, Kyouya continued sweeping the floors whistling the song British grenadiers, it was a pretty catchy song not gonna lie. dust was lifting up from the ground which causes Kyouya to sneeze quite a bit.

Kyouya: Uh I didn't think this place was this dirty sigh*, We really need to do some spring cleaning.

After some excruciatingly tedious sweeping, Kyouya finally catched a break and leaned back towards the wall.

Kyouya: Phew, finally done.

He looks up towards the ceiling remembering the conversation they had earlier with the others during the time where Kenji left towards the bridge.

Kyouya: Hehe Kenji, now what would Minori say about it.Well she would probably be glad for you that your happy again.

Soon that faithful smile of Kyouya turned into a mournful expression, which he then slid his back down to the floor and sat, still leaning on the wall.

Kyouya: Can he even move on from the pain? Minori, I'am so sorry, we should've known there was something bothering you. You always wanted Kenji to be happy especially during his darkest times.

He's afraid, afraid of losing.

...................

Kyouya: sigh* I just hope someday he will forgive himself, And maybe, just maybe someone will give him light.

Kyouya: ...... I need to go to bed.

Kyouya turns the mess hall lights off as he proceeded towards his quarters.

During the period where Kyouya was still cleaning, Kenji arrived at his quarters door, he looked at the familiar markings engraved with his name. He opened the door seeing a small desk and bunk bed within the room. As soon as he entered he took off his shoes and put them in his shoe racker.