Chapter 6 - Steady Aim

It was 9:15 and the boys were doing their daily chores and maintenance of the carrier. Kenji and his crew were tasked with cleaning the tanks today.

Koichi: Ugh man it's hot.

Soma: More work less complaining.

Koichi: I'm not complaining I'm just stating the obvious.

Soma: Well we can't finish if you're just there stating the obvious.

Koichi: .......What?

Soma: Just clean.

Under the scorching sun they continued to clean the tanks, they sprayed water and soaped down the tanks one by one until Aoi sprayed water towards his brother.

Aoi: Ah I'm so sorry ni-san!

Soma: sigh* It's alright Aoi let's just- Ahhh!

Suddenly Soma was sprayed with high amounts of water soaking his clothes and everything.

Soma: Oi Koichi what was that for?!?! you even soaked my glasses.

Koichi: Oh nothing really.

Soma: So it's like that huh? Aoi give me that hose.

Aoi: O-Okay.

Koichi: Oh it's on.

The two battle each other out in a water fight, Aoi watches as the two spray each other with high pressured water. They both took cover along the tanks to recover from the barrage of water hailed from both.

Koichi: Ahh that stings. Your luck's running out Soma!

Soma: I could say the same thing to you!

Koichi flanked to the right, Soma was just behind the comet I waiting for the perfect moment to strike, but besides the comet was a hellcat and Koichi was already on his right side and coming close.

Soma: Come on Koichi I'm waiting.

Koichi: I'm already here, take this!

Koichi: Huh?

The water coming out of the hose stopped at the moment it was pointed at Soma.

Koichi: Aw man it was just getting to the good part.

Soma: Ha! I told you your luck ran out.

Koichi: Whatever if it weren't fo- Gak!!

The two were smacked behind the head by Kenji, After all the years they spent together on this ship the two were always the closest among the bunch and the ones who were always getting into trouble. The two were then on their knees like they were getting a punishment from their mother.

Koichi: O-Ow, that hurt Kenji.

Kenji: Honestly the moment I lose sight of you two, you were already fooling around. And where's Aoi?

Aoi: I-I'm right here Kenji ni-san, I was hiding behind the IS-7 because ni-san and Koichi were fighting.

Soma: were not fighting Aoi, we were just having an honest understanding thats all.

Kenji: *sigh Honestly you two.

Kenji grew a small smile while the two noticed this moment.

Koichi: Hey you're finally smiling again Kenji, *thank goodness.

Soma: Is it because of a particular person hmmmm?

That smile of Kenji turned into an annoyed look, as soon Soma saw this he knew he was done for.

Soma: I-I was kidding Kenji alright Ha ha.