Chapter 10: Lady Lubov

——————————🦇——————————

Johnny and (Y/n) silently followed Dracula down a hallway.

"Hey, thanks for saving us back there." (Y/n) spoke up.

"Yeah, that's guys crazy! Trying to eat us. That's only happened to me one other time. This weird dude at a Slipknot concert."

"There's something I need to show you." Dracula suddenly said.

He opened a door that lead to a very dark room. Dracula held a candelabra, and there was the outline of a coffin and a painting.

"Hey, are we at a funeral right now?" Johnny stupidly asked.

(Y/n) elbowed him.

Johnny rubbed his arm and walked up to the coffin. "Oh, wait, no, it's your bed." He placed his hands on it. "So creepy and cool."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes at her brother before looking up at the painting Dracula was looking at.

Half of the painting was covered by a cloth, and the other half revealed a smiling woman with black hair and a black dress.

She pointed at it. "Hey, I know her! I've seen that picture at the ruins of Lubov. That's my favorite castle."

"Oh yeah. There's a whole legend around that lady." Johnny added.

"A legend?" Dracula questioned.

"The Lady Lubov. The story is that a lonely Count met her by chance, and they say that no two souls were ever more meant for each other." (Y/n) explained.

"Eventually, they settled down at castle Lubov and had a child. But then, a horrible tragedy happened. A fire started mysteriously one night, and it killed both of them." Johnny finished.

"When I was at the castle, I could still feel their powerful love. They as if a soul is still trapped in the ruins themselves." (Y/n) sighed.

Dracula looked down ominously. "The legend is wrong."

Johnny and (Y/n) looked at him with wide eyes.

"It was only the wife that died." Dracula ripped off the cloth covering the painting, to reveal himself standing next to Lady Lubov, smiling and holding her hand.

(Y/n) gasped and covered her mouth, and Johnny let out a groan.

"And it was no mystery who killed her." Dracula gritted his teeth. "She was killed by your kind!"

...

Dracula and Martha could be seen in the window of their home, as a mob was gathered at their door.

"Vampire!"

"Vampire!"

"Honey?" Martha asked her husband nervously, as she held little Maven in her arms.

"Go hide. I'll take care of this." Dracula promised, placing a hand on her cheek.

"Vampire!" The crowd yelled.

Dracula stood in the doorway and tried to calm the crowd down, when he heard a scream. He looked over and saw his wife drop to the ground.

"Martha!" He cried.

...

Dracula held Maven in his arms and watched from afar as his house burned to the ground.

"They are the real monsters."

...

"I built this place for my love, to protect her child. As a father you do everything to keep your family safe, even if you have to break their trust." Dracula explained.

Dracula looked at (Y/n), sadly. "But now, Maven has feelings for you." He told her.

(Y/n) blushed and smiled. "What? Really? He does?" She tried not to look too happy about it. "I-I mean...I just...Awesome..." she sighed contently.

"It's alright. You are a good one. And so is Johnny." He reassured them. "If the world was different maybe it would be possible."

"Drac, this is the 21st century. People aren't the same as they were back then." Johnny told him.

"Can you tell me for certain that if we came out in the open, everyone would accept us? Everyone?"

Johnny and (Y/n) looked down. They knew not everyone would accept the fact that monsters existed.

"Well, maybe not everyone. But even if you were humans, it probably wouldn't make a difference. Not all humans like us." (Y/n) pointed out.

"No (Y/n), he's right. We'll go for good this time." Johnny promised.

"What?" (Y/n) flinched.

"You can just say we had some emergency, or the gremlin lady ate us or something." Johnny said.

(Y/n) frowned and her expression fell. She really didn't want to leave Maven, but deep down she knew she couldn't pretend to be a vampire forever, and who knows if Maven would ever love her as a human after what they did to his mother.

"No, no, no, no, no. I don't want to ruin his birthday party. You can sneak out after it's all done." Dracula told them.

"I'm sorry. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt him. Or you." (Y/n) sighed.

Dracula gave a small smile and tried to lift the mood. "You know, your brother isn't the smoothest Frankenstein, but you both would make great vampires."

Johnny perked up. "For real? Cause I think I kinda got your hypno-eyes down."

"Oh boy, here we go. Let me see it." Dracula rolled his eyes.

Johnny put his arm over his mouth so just his eyes were showing and he copied Dracula's accent.

"Beware! For you are in my power! I command you two to become the werewolf man!"

Dracula played along and howled. "I have too many kids." He whined.

Johnny, (Y/n) and Dracula burst out laughing.

"Someone scratch me, I have fleas!" (Y/n) joked.

Dracula placed each of his hand son Johnny and (Y/n)'s shoulders and lead them out of the room while they all laughed.

"Cause he's a wolf, he's get those." Johnny commented.

"Yeah, no, don't explain it. It's not funny when you do that." Dracula said.

——————————🦇——————————