Chapter 9: Table Chase

——————————🦇——————————

Dracula burst into a grand ballroom still in his towel with a furious expression on his face. He looked down and noticed his attire and gasped and used his powers to transform back into his usual suit.

Johnny stomped in after him, and (Y/n) nervously scurried in as well.

"I can't believe you two stuck around. You don't get it. Bad things are coming your way."

Dracula grabbed his face and tried to calm down. "I gotta-I gotta get my thoughts together."

He took a few deep breaths. "Okay. You see these tables?"

Dracula gestured to the several tables that were along the walls that were covered in white table cloths.

"You two can spend the entire day pulling them out and placing them, party planners." He sneered.

"Fantastic, we're trapped here. Now I know how Maven feels." (Y/n) muttered.

Dracula sighed deeply and fixed his hair before a loud screeching noise filled the room. It came from Johnny pushing a table along the floor.

"Johnny, hold on a sec-!"

SCREECH!

"Can you just-!"

SCREECH!

"Let me lift the other-!"

SCREECH!

"Stop! Stop! Enough!" Dracula ordered, walking over to Johnny. "Go to a corner, you're in a timeout!"

Johnny gave him an incredulous and angry look."Timeout? I'm a grown man!"

Dracula used his magic to carry Johnny to a corner, put his thumb in his mouth, and make him sit facing the wall.

Dracula then turned to give (Y/n) a warning glare. She got the message and raised her hands in surrender, and walked over to the corner where Johnny was and sat down with her knees to her chest.

"Okay." Dracula clapped his hands twice. "Table 57, please move to position 23."

The table closest to Johnny and (Y/n) suddenly came alive and floated into the air and going to the correct position.

"Woah." (Y/n) whispered.

"That is cool." Johnny commented with his thumb still in his mouth.

"Face the wall." Dracula commanded, spinning them around.

"17 to 48. 16 to 47. 19 to 50."

The tables moved into their correct positions, and Johnny was desperately trying to get his thumb out of his mouth.

"29 to 35. 42 to 18. 10 to 44."

(Y/n) grabbed Johnny's arm and pulled it roughly, and managed to free his thumb.

Johnny and (Y/n) snuck through the tables before climbing on top of one.