11: Renaissances Painting

You liked pizza. It tasted nice (for New York) and it was fun to make. You grew a little shocked when Splinter started to eat his pizza slice with chopsticks and missed out on eating since Mikey was such a hogger. But, you soon learnt that pizza was basically the only things these turtles ate, so next time April or Casey comes around, you would ask them if they could go shopping, of course, you'd pay them.

But for now, New York cheesy pizza would do.
Nobody was really talking for dinner and it was a little awkward.

"So." You started, trying to think of something on the spot, thankfully, you did. "Splinter, did you ever have a reason to name the turtles after renaissance painters?"

Splinter looked forward for a moment, as if remembering something. "Yes, I do."

"Ah! Really?" Mikey jumped in the air. "You never told us that before."

"You never asked."

"Tell us the story, Sensei! Please!" Mikey begged, showing his puppy eyes.

"I fell in love with a woman named 'Tang Shen'." Splinter started, and your heart already hurt, knowing something must have happened to the woman by the way Splinter said her name. "She introduced me to the artworks and after changing into this form, I was inspired to name my sons after her most loved painters."

"Well, she sounds has good taste. Raphael Sanzio's works in the Vatican city are pretty cool. The the folds in the clothing that Donatello sculpted are outstanding. I've always wanted to visit the Sistine Chapel as well and of course, Leonardo DaVinci was a brilliant Polymath." You bit into your pizza.

"Hmm." Splinter stroked his beard, he seemed to do that a lot. "You know your artists."

"Yeah, when I was little I wanted to be like Frida Kahlo. I even drew a line between my eyebrows. I'm into Artemisia Gentileschi now, and Elisabeth-Louise Vigee Le Brun." You casually say.

Another lack of noise went through the room. Splinter's face had visible impressed looks on it. Mikey was just trying to pronounced the names you said in his head while the other turtles looked at you stunned.

"I'm going to have a wild guess and say that you draw." Donnie says, filling the silence in the room.

"Yeah, but I haven't in a while." You admitted.

"Oh!" Mikey gasped. "You should draw me! Can you draw me!?"

He'd gotten so close to your face, you didn't have any other option than to except. He then fist bumped the air and did a little happy dance.

"I'll draw you under one condition." You say, making him stop mid-way through his dance. "At least once a week we get other food than pizza. Like burgers or tacos."

"I'm a little offended by your words." Mikey wiped a fake tear, but ultimately stuck his hand out towards you. "But I accept!"

You took his hand and his gave you a stern shake before continuing his happy dance. Raph took that chance to steal Mikey's pizza without him noticing. Donnie just sighed and rolled his eyes before grabbing two more slices of pizza, leaving three slices left and moving away to where you guessed was his lab. 
Leo grabbed one final slice and inhaled it quickly. You looked back to Mikey who now peered down at his empty plate, confused for a few seconds.

You looked back down to the last slices of pizza to find out that only one was left, since you were hungry anymore (the 6 pieces you ate would suffice) you watched to see what would happen. Looking back to Splinter, you saw that he started to eat a slice of pizza with his chopsticks again, you would never not be puzzled by that.

Raph had finished Mikey's pizza and he looked down to the last slice. To two brother's looked into each other's eyes before jumping on to the pizza. You've never seen someone so eager to eat the last slice of pizza.
Mikey grabbed the pizza box and Raph's hands just missed the box entirely. It was like their entire lives of training to be ninja's have literally jumped out the window. Raph grabbed on to the pizza box and pulled it towards him, then Mikey pulled it towards him.

Splinter set down his chopsticks. Mikey lifted his leg up, trying to kick Raph away, while Raph tried to pulled it away from his brother. Splinter grabbed a napkin and cleaned him mouth and hands. Mikey started to wail and you started to think that Raph was part dog since he started to growl.

"Boys!" Splinter then yelled suddenly, scaring everyone in the room to stop moving, Raph took the lack of strength from Mikey, to pull the box towards him, but Mikey did the same thing at the same time.
The pizza decided to leave the box entirely and it flew into the air. You weren't aware of that until the pizza smacked you in the face. You shut your eyes closed and felt the pizza just fall slowly down your face. The sauce wasn't hot to make it hurt, instead it was just warm, The cheesy was still stretchy and you felt it stick to your face. 
You heard an audile sigh from your left, where Splinter was. From your right you heard the crackle of a laugh trying to be held down, but you heard nothing from the two culprits. You grabbed the pizza which was going to fall into your lap any second. Your eyes opened and you could not only smell the pizza all over your face, but see it too.

You stared at Mikey and Raph, who have now let go of the pizza box. Hellfire was about to rain down on their asses.

Okay, this is just a filler chapter since i couldn't think of anything else. I wonder what Donnie went to do in his lab???