17: And They Were Room-Mates

Raph hadn't left Leo's side for more than 3 hours since we got to the farmhouse. When you peeked in the bathroom to check up, you saw a blanket in the corner of the room. Raph probably slept in here. You heard a voice cream from the front yard and you instantly ran towards the window.

You watched as Mikey was being attacked by chickens. He started to do a lot of stuff since we got here. He was the first to take down the wood and clean all the windows, even through he fell through one.
Donnie and Casey started to hang out in the barn. Donnie was in the middle of building a lab and Casey was find some tools for a broken car he found in the barn.

April spent her time writing in a journal or practicing her kunoichi skills. You would sometime join her, but whenever you started to use your back, she ushered you to rest. This happened on the 3rd day.
Then the day was the same on the fourth day. Mikey helping around, Donnie and Casey in the barn, Raph watching over Leo and April practicing her stuff.

It started to become a pattern as it happened on the 5th day, the 6th day, the 7th day and so on. On the 9th day, you broke the pattern and went to Raph.

"How's he doin?" You asked Raph as you walked in.

"Still not waking up." Raph shook his head as he sighed.

"And you?" Raph turned to you, a little confused. "I don't think you've really left this room since we got here."

He exhaled sharply and turned back to Leo.
"As much as Leo needs someone to look over him, you need to take care of yourself as well." You stood behind Raph, more to his left side. "Leo got hurt, but you won't help if you don't watch yourself. You know Leo would at least want you to get some sleep."

"I have been sleeping." Raph grunted.

"I mean in a real bed. Not the tile ground of the bathroom." You side-eye Raph. "If you don't want to be too far away from Leo, my room is right next to here. I can make another bed for you, if you'd like."

Raph turned his gaze away from Leo, looking to you. "Really. You'd share a room, with me?"

"Well, you shared your home with me." You reply, remembering the week and a half you spent at the sewers. "And as long as you don't snore the damn roof off, then sure."

Raph looked down to Leo, thinking about the offer. Seeing as how he wanted some time to think about it, you turned to leave the room.
"I'll make you bed, come in whenever you want sleep."

You found a few spare mattresses lying around in one room with a few piece of furniture. You grabbed one and started to drag it up the wooden stairs, when you got to the top, you pushed the bed to your door.
Placing the mattress down, you left to get sheets. There wasn'y any red sheets, but there was white, so you used those and grabbed a red pillow. After making the bed, you went to see how Mikey was doing.

"Hey Mikey, what's up?" You said, as you walked into the kitchen.

"I'm making some lunch." Mikey said, smiling at his creation.

You looked down at the pot he hand. "What's in it?"

"Umm.." Mikey looked over to the counter with a bunch of random stuff on it. "I'm not surrreeeee."

"You're not poisoning us, are you?" You said, as you looked for a bleach bottle he probably would have taken out.

"Hey!" Mike pouted.

"I'm sorry!" You raised your hands in defense. "Just don't use anything under the sink."

"Why not."
oh, for the love of god.

After night fell, you hit on a lampshade and started to draw. You drew what you could remember of Splinter, you got halfway through it when you started to feel sleepy, so you turned off the lamp and closed your eyes.

Your peace didn't last very long, since Raph came through the door. You opened one eye and saw him, looking at you, having no idea what to do. You pointed to the make shift bed on the ground.
He saw it and walked towards it, lying down with his hands above his head without a care for the world.

You went to turn over, but then the annoying stabbing pain in your back hit you, making you lie down on your stomach. You sighed and flipped the pillow over to the cold side.

"Hey Raph?" He grunted in response. "The guy that hurt Leo. The one that threw Master Splinter in the water...who is he?"

"...His name is Shredder." Raph said slowly. "We've been fighting him and his goons for a while."

"Do you know what he wants?" You turned towards the turtle on your floor.

"Years ago, him and Splinter were like brothers. They grew up together and all, but when Splinter got a wife and kid, Shredder got jealous." Raph told the story as if it was playing before him. "Splinter had huge fight with him the ended up killing Sensei's wife. Shredder got away and took Splinter's child. Then Splinter came to New York, got us from a pet shop and then we were mutated and here we are now."

"And Shredder's still mad? He killed Splinter's wife, stole his child and he is the one mad?" That was just wrong.

"Her name was Karai, but Splinter named her Miwa. She figured it out and all, but..." Raph didn't continue. "Leo has a crush on her." He changed the subject a bit.

"Really? That's...a bit..." Your voice trailed off. "Oh well, hope you like your bed."

There was a slight silence before, "Thanks"

You smiled. "Don't mention it."