19: Another One Bites The Dust

It's been three months since we left New York and Leo still hasn't woken up yet. The turtles have been trying to adjust to the farm-life, but they weren't doing too well. From time to time, Mikey would run into the same tree during training.
You started to help him recognize the tree once Donnie said your back had healed. It would sometimes, but only minor pain, nothing you couldn't ignore. It also left a scar, but it was kinda cool, so you liked it.

In training today, April and Raph were fighting. Raph managed to knock April on the ground, but she caught him off gaurd and sucker punched him, knocking him off his feet.

"I'm almost a full-on kunoichi." April folded her arms as Mikey and you got close to his face to tease him.

"Aww yeah, got be quick to hang with the ninja's daawwgg." Mikey backed up.

"You really underestimated her, didn't yo-" While still on the ground, Raph grabbed your face and managed to knock you off your feet. "that was dirty."

"That was worth it." He corrected you as he stood up, extending one of his hands to you.
April started to go over to Donnie and Casey as they started to tackle eachother.

You grabbed Raph's hand, having him pull you up. For what felt like the 7th time this week (it was only Tuesday) you were up extremally close to Raph. You cleared your throat as you looked down and stepped back.

"You guys are acting like a bunch of caged animals!" April said.

"Don't worry, red." Casey hit Donnie's shell. "We're just blowing off a little steam."

"Yeah, things are just kinda tense, lately." Donnie pulled Casey down uncomfortably.  "Ain't that right, friend?"

"You got that right, old pal." Casey elbowed Donnie.

"We're all just a little frustrated April, no offense, but we're turtles! We don't belong in a farm house, we belong in the sewers!" Raph said as a matter of factly, but you crossed your face at that analogy.

"Okay, not entirely accurate, but acritical." Donnie agreed.

"Yeah, that's all god, but like Master Splinter would say: 'You must accept the that the universal has dealt us." Mikey adds, going into a Splinter-like voice.

"That's deep yo."

"Master Splinter's gone Mikey. And Leo might never wake up." Raph turned in the direction of the farm house, walking away. "The universal, dealt us a terrible hand."

You watched him walk away and looked at everyone before following after him. He was already walking up the stairs to Leo's 'room' when you caught up with him.
"Raph." You caught his attention. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He brushed you off.

"Yeah, because you just said makes me think you're just fine." You remark.

"What do you want?" He walked into the bathroom, going to his usual place next to Leo.

"Nothing." You say, truthfully. "Just, you can't beat yourself over Leo. He'll wake up any day now."

"And how would you know?" Raph didn't tear his gaze away from his brother. He sound rude while saying that, he sounded like he wanted an authentic answer.

You thought about it for a second. "Well, think of Leo going into a hibernation-like state. He got hurt during the winter and he's just sleeping through it."

"He's in a coma." Raph blank stare bored into your eyes.

"A hibernation-coma." You breathed out, sitting on the ground next to the sink. You looked over at Leo. "His injuries have healed. He's breathing normally. He has to wake up soon."

"I hope you're right." Raph sighs, looking at his brother with worry in his eyes. You looked over to Leo before sighing yourself closing your eyes, lifting your head back to rest it.

You heard a sniffle. Then another. At first, you looked at the tub, but it wasn't Leo. Your eyes darted to Raph, who had a hand blocking you from seeing his face.
"Raph?" He turned away from you.

Oh, screw it.

You got up form where you were and walked over to Raph, not saying a word. You pulled him into a hug, not bothering to ask any questions. For a few moments, he just sat there, not doing anything. You started to lessen your grip on him, but he then wrapped his arms around you. pulling you into a hug. 
His sniffles died out but  you still rested your chin on his head. He was sitting down as you were hugging him.

"Two questions." A voice you've never heard before suddenly said.
You eyes widened and your breath hitched as you looked down at the tub.

And Leo was, looking up at you and Raph with open eyes and a smirk on his face.