8: Everybody Loves Kungfu Fighting

"You're lucky you packed this bag, huh! It's like you're a wizard or something." Mikey says, lying down on his front as he kicks his legs up in the air softly.

"I made a fail-safe, and I wasn't expecting to use it so quickly." You say, as you finishing putting your stuff away. "How many spare rooms do you have anyway?"

"Only two, but the other is kinda used for storage 'n stuff. This used to be April's room when she stayed down here, but it's your's now! Hope you like it!" Mikey smile sweetly at you. You would be lying if you said you hadn't warmed up to Mikey yet. He was just so child-like and happy, it was near impossible to not like him.

"April?" You just realized what he said. "Why was April living down here?"

"Oh well-"

Just then the door opened, and Mikey's attention was directed towards it. Splinter appeared at the door, with a green cane in hand.
"Y/n." He started. "I just came by to see how you're accommodating, are you well?"
This guy was really formal.

"Yeah, I'm okay." You nodded, eye's drifting down to his beard. It bobbled a bit as he spoke.

"Michelangelo." Splinter then looked at the turtle on the floor, who groaned, as if they were reading each other's mind.
"But I was having fun, Sensei."

"Then try to keep that enthusiasm." Splinter said as he stepped aside to let his son out. Splinter then took one look at you, before nodding his head and closing the door.

You looked around the room. Nothing about it actually said 'April'. She seemed like the type of girl to like things like the beach or spring time. Not that it was a bad thing, you liked them as well, but the way the room was decorated didn't fit her aesthetic.

It was covered in the walls with random posters or graphitti in the little corners. It also had a calendar, but it didn't look like it had been used in a while. There was a desk in the room which you had placed some of your stuff. Your clothes went in a box since there wasn't any wardrobes. 

Suddenly, you heard a loud crashing sound. It didn't take much from you to go and investigate. The turtles weren't in the living room and after you knocked on Donnie's lab and concluded they weren't in there either, you heard another grunt of a noise.

This one came from the dojo. Curious, you started to walk over there. Through the crack in the Shoji doors you peaked through and saw a glimpse of what was going on. The turtles were sparring with one another, while Splinter sat back and watched. You opened the door a little more, instantly intrigued by what was going on.

Donnie was fighting Leonardo while Raph was fighting Mikey. It was an interesting fight to watch and you didn't realise how far you actually stepped into the Dojo until Splinter showed up behind you.

"Interested?" He said, making you flinch.

"I-, no I was just-" You weren't sure what to do with your hands.

"Come. Take a seat." He gestured you inside and you followed him.

You tucked your knees in and sat down. Growing up in martial arts made you automatically follow it's traditions and rules, so you knew how to sit.

Donnie was beating Leonardo with his staff, but eventually Leonardo just dodged out of the way and cut Donnie's staff in half and kicked him away.
At the same time, Mikey was jumping his way around Raph claiming to be a ninja master and swinging his nun-chuks around and doing something like a dance. Raph just rolled his eyes and threw one of his sais at him, which hit him in the head and took him out of his trance long enough for Raph to magically get him on the ground and make him beg for mercy.

"Yameru!" Splinter yelled, you knew that it was the sign to make your students stopping fighting or sparring. "Well done, my sons. Donatello, Michelangelo, take a seat." 

The two turtles walked to take a seat and then noticed you, as they went to sit down. Mikey was the first to talk.
"Aw man, did you see Raph totally cheat. Man is from the Matrix." Mikey pouts, but gets excited to see his other two brothers fight.

You gave a light exhale through your nose to show Mikey you were listening to him, but then turned to watch Raph and Leonardo fight.

The started to circle each other, waiting for Splinter's call. Their weapons at the ready and itching to start.
"Hajime!"

Raph charges at Leonardo first, making Leonardo roll out of the way. Raph's sais glided through the air as he missed Leonardo. Leonardo then turned on his heel and kicked Raph back, almost making him hit the ground. Raph got himself stable before lunging at Leonardo again.
Raph got his sais under Leonardo's katana's and turned them out of his grasp before extending his leg and kicking Leonardo in the face, making him fall on his face.

Raph didn't waste his time as he ran to Leonardo and sat on his shell while pulling his arm back so he wouldn't move.
"Yameru!"

Raph waited another few second before letting go of his brother. He had a smirk on his face that only faltered once he saw you in the room. However, his brothers were much more nicer in welcoming.

"Y/n, didn't see you come in." Leonardo says, rolling his shoulder back.

"Yeah, I actually teleported." You say sarcastically.

Mikey was about to say somethihg, but Donnie cut him off. "No Mikey, she didn't actually teleport."

"Aww, man."

"You guys fight pretty well, how long have you been training?" You asked them, standing up to be at level with them, but you only reached around Mikey's height.

"Probably a bit before you did." Donnie says, thinking back.

"You're familiar with martial arts?" Splinter says, you turn your head so you faced him. He was stroking his beard and before you could answer him, Mikey spoke first.

"Oh yeah! You should have seen her Master Splinter! She was all like 'hyaa' and then 'fashbooosh' and she knocked Raph down on his tush and then walked away and fought some Kraang bots." Mikey mimics his.

Splinter raised an eye-brow and then looked to you. "Raphael. You will fight Y/n."

"Huh?" Leonardo tilted his head with a questioning look.

"Really?" Raph cracked his knuckles as he smirked at you.
"Well, I've been thinking of a rematch." You gave Raph the same look as he did.

"Sensei, is this really a good idea?" Leonardo asked.

"We'll see."

You walked over to Raph, fists rising to your face, but at the same time, he brought his sais up.
"No weapons. Hand combat, only."

Raph rolled his eyes as he threw his sais away, rising his fists instead. You held a steady gaze upon him as he tried to taunt you.

"Scared?" He asked, as if it would have any affect on you.

"You wish."