2: It's a Turtle

Over the course of the next few days, you thought that April was a little protective of people she knew, but after the billionth day of her walking you straight to your door and coming to pick you up from school everyday, it got a little annoying.
So, today, you left a few minutes before April usually arrived, just for some space. It was a Friday, so you felt a little more restless to actually do something you enjoy. 

"Y/n, where is it that you are leaving at this time to go to at this time?" It was Kevin, you're adoptive father.

"Kev, I'm just going to school early." It was awkward talking to him. He could sound like a robot sometimes.

"I will tell that who is called Khloe about that which you are leaving to go to that which is called school at this time." With that, he left.

"...Okay."

You walked a few blocks to your high-school, but before you entered the gates, you got a call from your phone.

Now, for most people that wouldn't be weird, but since there was only about 3 people who know your phone number and this was the first time you've ever gotten a call, it felt a little strange.

"Hello?" You hit the answer button.

"Y/n! Hey, it's April!" She said and you were instantly hit with confusion.

"Ur, girl, how did you get my phone number?" For a moment, there was complete silence over the phone and you had to gain April's attention back. "Ur, April? Hellooo?" You dragged it out.

"Don't worry about that." You did worry about it. "Where are you right now? I've been standing outside your door for a while."

"I'm at school, I just went ahead and- kerr- oh- kerr- the school- kerrshsh, the school is going through a tunnel, bye!" You hung up on April.

Sighing, you shoved your phone into your back pocket and walked into the school. Over the recent few days, you learnt that Casey almost never gets to school on time. 
You walked into your maths classroom and started to prepare for the pop quiz coming up. April soon ran into the door and past a few kids who gave her a few looks.

"Y/n!" She yelled out, after hearing your name you looked up to see the girl who had a panting breath.

"Oh...hey." You tried your best to sound enthusiastic, you swear.

"So, after school, do you wanna hang out for a bit, we could catch a movie." April asked, sitting down in her seat next to you.

"I can't actually, it's Friday, so I have one of my martial arts classes to go to." You didn't lie, it was the perfect excuse.

"Oh, well I could always walk you there!" April insisted.

"I have to go back to my place to get my uniform first, and I don't mean any harm, but I do like my alone time." You say, trying to make her get the hint.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." She waved you off so quickly and then grabbed out a weird looking phone. It looked circular, but it was more like an odd shaped ball had been cut int half and turned into a phone.

"Cool phone." You said before looking away and outside the window, April only hummed in response as she aggressively texted someone.

The day went by quickly, and you didn't try to take a nice stroll around before heading back to your place. You felt bad, but April was invading your space a bit too much, so you headed straight back home.
The girl actually called you twice before you picked up, and she was getting on your nerves now.

"What?' You asked as you got on the phone.

"Can't you wait so I can walk you back to your place?' She sounded desperate.