CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"You need me, yet you need no companionship?" Evelyn stared at him blankly.

"Yes. I need you, but not as a companion, I need you as a partner. I want you by my side, why else do you think I invited you to my meeting?"

"Is that what this was? She raised her brows, "some kind of initiation?"

"No, you do not need initiating."

"Not this time at least?" She held a faint memory of herself in the Ravenclaw Dormitory, drenched in blood.

Tom shook his head, "that was entirely different, I had to know I trusted you then. I do not need to know that now."

"So you trust me?"

"Evelyn," he looked her in the eyes, "you have been entrusted with more information than most of my closest followers. You know things that could destroy me, my plans, my future, yet you keep them inside."

"Well, I haven't exactly been given the opportunity to share, have I?" She crossed her arms, "who could I really tell inside this Manor that doesn't already know?"

"But if you got that opportunity, I know that you wouldn't. You have too much of this humanity, too much of this self-righteousness," he replied to her, "you wouldn't betray me."

"Well, if am to be your partner of some kind," she began, "I need information. I need you to answer my questions, I need to know what is really happening."

He looked at her briefly before responding, "ask away." He mimicked her body's positioning, crossing his arms. "I am an open book."

"What do you really want?" As much as Evelyn had read about his aims, she wanted to hear it from him, she wanted to know what his true desires were.

"Evelyn, we witches and wizards have been given power, we have the power to do magic, the power to create or take away life. That gives us the right to rule over," he strained, "muggles. We have to take over for the greater good, muggles are failing to look after the world as it should be. Wizards always have been, and always will be better rulers. Our magical blood is powerful, it is special, and it should be treated as such. Those with such blood should be given the right to rule, and those without should follow."

Evelyn blinked rapidly, processing everything he had said. It was nothing like the fearful propaganda being spread, everything he had said, made sense to her. Wizards held more power than muggles, and it only made sense that those with the power, ruled those without.

"And what is the Order?"

"The Order," he began with a slight growl, "is the Order of the Phoenix, they are a society created by none other than our old Transfiguration teacher."

"Dumbledore."

He scowled at the name, "yes. The Order has been causing us challenges over the past months, they have been killing my Death Eaters." Evelyn felt uncomfortable hearing what he called his followers. "They attempt to stop me; they wish to halt my progress."

Evelyn almost asked why, she felt the words forming in her mouth, but it was a foolish question. There was no question as to why he should be stopped, but somehow after all her months in the Manor, Evelyn no longer felt a part of any side.

"They wish me to have no power, they wish to stop my uprising, but it was always coming. Many have tried before me, many have failed. Grindelwald was weak, that is why he was stopped, but I will not be. Together," he reached out his hand, "we will be unstoppable. You will stand alongside me, and the Order will be no problem for us."

Evelyn took his hand but hearing Grindelwald's name made a lump form in her throat. She shook her head, hoping it would shake away the doubt nipping away at her.

"There is nothing to fear," he squeezed her hand, "we will never die, we will never fail, we will never lose this power that we have now. Evelyn, we are unstoppable together." He softened his gaze into her eyes, "I need you by my side. I need you supporting me, I need you to be mine. You are an integral part of my life."

And those were all the words it took to shake away her doubt and melt her heart. Somehow, he always knew exactly what to say and exactly what to do. "Okay," she nodded her head, "I want to be your partner. I want to be yours." When Evelyn looked at his gaze, it was the closest she thought she had ever seen him to a smile, he had accomplished another goal of his, and this one seemed meaningful to him. "But I want to remember first." She felt the phial in her pocket, hoping he knew what she meant.

He stood up, pulling her to a stand alongside him and ignoring her final sentence. "How about we celebrate?"

"What did you have in mind-"

But before she had a chance to finish, she felt his tender lips collide with hers. Every kiss sent them further into a blissful oblivion; his hand tracing her back and he breathed in her sweet smell. Evelyn knotted her fists in his shirt, she wanted to be as close to him as possible, she wanted him. She let herself breathe in every aspect of him, his shaving cream, his shampoo, his everything, she wanted it all.

With a wave of his hand, the chairs that had once been so carefully set at the table flung to the corners, his other hand pushing Evelyn onto the outstretched table. As soon as she felt her body against the table, heat rose inside of her, travelling up to her chest with every raw motion. She let her lip's part again, every kiss, intense and hungry, washing over her like a wave of warmth, of comfort, of pleasure. His light stubble rubbed against her tender skin, but it didn't bother her, she was so happy.

Evelyn whimpered as she felt his hands roam all over her body, tracing her every curve before he pulled her closer, closer, closer.