CHAPTER SIX

When Evelyn awoke, she found herself in unfamiliar surroundings. Every inch of her body ached with a fire she never knew she possessed. 

"I wouldn't move too quickly," Evelyn heard a familar voice call out to her, "we found you in quite a state, and you've been out for almost a week"

Evelyn turned to see a quaint blonde sat in the corner of the room, "Olive Hornby..." she trailed off.

"Evelyn,"Olive took her hand, "it's good to see you again."

She smiled, in her final year of Hogwarts, Evelyn had taken on Olive as almost a younger sibling after she found herself losing touch with who she once thought her closest friends. 

 "Where are we?" Evelyn found her surroundings almost as unfamiliar as Olive appeared to her. 

"We're in a safe house, theres quite a few of us here now." Olive beckoned towards the other doors, "as the sieges move north we've had to find refuge somwehere."

"A couple of us have been following the sieges to find survivors," Evelyn turned to notice the face of another student whose path she almost wished she hadn't crossed at Hogwarts, Daniel. "We were all surprised to see you without any Ministry protection." He pushed up his glasses from the tip of his nose, "I assumed Dumbledore would have taken you in by now."

Evelyn smiled at the familiar name, despite not speaking with him since her days at Hogwarts, Evelyn had heard all about his acheivements in the Daily Prophet.  "Why would Dumbledore have taken me in?"

"Oh Evelyn, you knew that," Olive cleared her throat, "you knew that he wanted the information you had, we all assumed that better care would have been taken to protect it."

"But Dumbledore knows best." Daniel rolled his eyes.

Evelyn furrowed her brow, "do you not agree?" She sat herself up. "I thought everyone always agreed with him."

"You haven't heard the half of it when you've been sheltered by the ministry. People talk Evelyn, and its not good."

Olive interjected, "he's let too many people die. He uses them as his pawns, rather than solve his own problems."

"I never knew."

"Of course you didn't," Olive sat herself at the end of Evelyns bed, "the Ministry might dislike Dumbledore not becoming Minister, but they wouldn't slander his name just yet. "Anyway, you should get some rest, we can talk later. I think there's a lot you don't know that you probably ought to."

"It was good to see you," Daniel smiled at her before leading Olive out of the room and leaving Evelyn alone with her thoughts.

Evelyn closed her eyes, and as much as she wished to stay awake, her head hit the pillow and she lost herself in an instant slumber.

When she awoke again, the room was filled with a radiant sunlight; each trinket dotted around the room reflecting the golden glow. Her skin felt warm and her mind felt clear, she had almost forgotten all about the events that had led her to where she was.

A knock on the door startled her, sending a shiver down her spine, "good morning," Olive slid her head through a gap in the door frame "ready for some breakfast?"

The thought of breakfast made her stomach rumble loudly, causing her cheeks to flush rosy. "Absolutely," she slid out of bed, reaching for the robe she found at the bedside and wrapping it around her. "Daniel will be joing us, I hope you don't mind."

"Thats fine," Evelyn might not have liked Daniel during her days at Hogwarts, but people could change and that was something she firmly believed that people could change. She followed Olive through a small corridor until they found themselves in a common area where Daniel was waiting.