Nine - Meeting max

Lettie's pov

It was weird being back at the cave. It felt so familiar even if i couldnt remember most of the time i was here. Even if it was a bit odd it still felt welcoming, which was definitely weird.

Even sarah looked shocked about the cave and she is hard to please. David sat straight in his wheelchair and Paul shouted to laddie to put on some music. Dwayne was chilled on a sofa drinking a beer he'd found.

"How bout we get this night started?" paul said appearing next to me and pulling out a blunt.

"You know it pauly." i replied. He lit the joint and passed it to me after taking a drag himself.

"So where do you plan on going from here?" Sarah asked.

"We'll they need to meet max and then they need to make their first kill." david said smirking at the three of us.

"I'm not killing anyone david." Star said. How did he expect us to just kill someone. We weren't killers.

"You will. Once you feel the craving for it you won't be able to resist." Star and i didn't say anything. No matter how much we didn't want to we knew it was something we had to do.

"So max. Your head vampire like. Is he a dick." i asked and paul confidently nodded his head.

"Yeah. He banned us from the video store. What if i wanted to watch a film." paul said.

"Paul the only film you'd watch is the ones where they don't have clothes." marko laughed

"And that's a bad thing because?" Paul replied making us laugh a little

"When will we meet max?" star asked

"Tommorow night." david answers

"Wait video store max. The one with the white dog?" i asked and the boys all nodded "I've meet him. But he seems so sweet."

"Don't judge a book by its cover." Dwayne said

"Yeah i learnt that." I said looking at marko with a smirk which he replied to with his middle finger. Laddie leaned against dwayne yawing

"Tired there little man." dwayne asked

"Never." laddie said quietly. It only took a few seconds till he'd fallen asleep.

"We should get him somewhere comfortable." Star said

"There's some beds around the corner. Marko." David looked at marko. Marko picked laddie up and nodded us to follow him. We moved into a room which had thin white curtains all around. There was a few beds and the room was light with candles. It actually looked pretty comfortable. Marko placed laddie on one of the beds and threw a blanket over him. Star sat next to the young boy playing with his hair.

"This is where you'll be staying i guess." Marko said

"I'll give it to you. It's actually quite cosy." Sarah said.

"Wow was that a compliment." marko laughed

"Unless your an interior designer then no." she answered making me laugh.

"Hey you coming back star?" i asked the girl

"Yeah i'll be through in a minute."

I nodded and we left. We returned to where the others were. At the first look at the boys you'd think we were gone ages.

"Star?" david asked and i pointed to the room we just left. He got up walking towards the room. I sat down on the sofa again, marko threw himself down next to me putting his head on my lap. I ran my hands through his curls and he just looked up at me.