Five - The flying nun

Lettie's Pov

I woke up the next day feeling weird My eyes heart from the light even though the sun looked like it was going to set soon. I grabbed my sunglasses hoping that they would stop the headache from the light.

I walked into the bathroom to rinse my face. I looked pale. I usually was quite pale but i was even paler now. Like i hadn't been in the sun at all for a year.

"Lettie!" i could hear Sarah shout from down stairs.

I quickly splashed water on my face and put my sunglasses back on before going down stairs. Sarah was stood in the living room looking around.

"Where have you been i've been trying to call you for ages it's like 5 o'clock." She said before spinning around. She stopped and looked at me for a second. "Jesus Lettie you look dead are you alright?"

"Yeah i'm fine. Probably just coming on and getting a little period flu. What's up?"

"Well we haven't hung out in a few days. I've been busy babysitting my stupid brothers per usual. So i was wondering if you want to go to broadwalk for a bit then you can come stay over at mine."

"Sure let me just shower first." I said and she nodded. I made my way upstairs and jumped in the shower. I stood there for a good 5 minutes before actually washing my hair. The cold water felt nice. I usually had a cold shower about once a week and i thought today i probably needed it to wake me up a bit.

As i was getting dressed i tried to remember what i did last night but it all seemed a bit blurry. Nevermind coming on my period. I think i'm hungover.

Once i was finally ready i shoved some stuff for the night in my bag and ran down stairs.

"You going to keep those sunglasses on forever you look like someone from the fbi." Sarah laughed.

"Oh shut up." I said giggling. We got into her car. There was no point of me taking my bike if we're going back to hers.

Once we got to the Broadwalk i got out of the car and was suddenly hit with lots of feelings. It was like everyone was shouting. Like the music of the rides were put on full blast. Everything was bright. The half set sun seemed like it was still fully up and had gotten as close to earth as the moon. The bright lights from the stalls and rides were burning my eyes. I felt like i was feeling a million different things at once.

"Hey are you okay?" Sarah asked grabbing my arm. Worry all over her face but the weird thing was it was like i could feel her worry.

"Yeah i'm fine. Starting to think i'm hungover." I said and started to walk.

"Oh yeah what did you do last night?" she said giggling. That's the thing i can't remember.

"No clue can't remember a thing."

"Means you had a good night then." She laughed "Come on let's go to the comic book store. I'll buy you one to make you feel better."

We got to the comic book store. I'd been here a few times when me and my family used to visit but it always looked different.

I saw two boys stood in the corner giving me weird looks. Edgar and alan.

"Edgar. Alan. You remember Lettie. Do you mind helping her find a good comic. I wanna go speak to dad." Sarah said before running off.

"So Lettie your looking very pale. You not feeling well?" Edgar asked. His voice was insanely low. Much lower than i last saw him and definitely much lower than the average 14 year old.

"I guess not?" I said but it came out as more as a question. "You got any wonder woman comics?"

Alan pointed me to where they were and i went to walk away. I could hear them walking behind me making me roll my eyes at the two.