Six - Im going to kill you

Markos pov

We were driving along the road back to the cave after being at the Broadwalk. Star was of course on the back of David's bike and Laddie was on Dwaynes. I hadn't seen Lettie at the broadwalk but she probably feels a bit shit today because of yesterday. I remember when i turned the first few days were weird and everything felt off.

A car suddenly drove past us fast i didn't have time to see who was driving. They swerved round quickly in front of us and stopped. We all had to stop fast so we wouldn't crash. It was a few seconds until someone got out the car. Lettie. It was lettie. But she looked pissed. Very pissed. Oh fuck she knows. She stormed up to us her friend following closely behind.

"Hey Lettie how are yo-" David said but was interrupted by a hard slap across the face by Lettie leaving us shocked for a second. Yep she definitely knows.

"What the fuck is wrong with you! What you think you can just turn me into some weird vampire thing and i'd be all happy about it." She said glaring at us all.

"What it's not a bad thing Lettie." Paul said laughing a little

"Oh yeah sunshine and fucking dasises this paul." Lettie said but she stopped for a second before looking at star and laddie. Her face dropped.

"Don't tell me you did this to Star and Laddie too. Did you even tell Star what would happen. Fuck sakes Laddies only a little boy." She shouted.

"Wait what's happening?" Star asked confused.

"They've made us into dead blood sucking fucking monsters." Lettie said

"Wait what?" Star was definitely confused now.

"You wonder why the sun seems so bright. Why everything is so loud. Like you can feel peoples emotions." Lettie asked and star looked at her she was shocked that lettie knew how she was feeling.

"It was blood in that bottle yesterday wasn't it. Not wine. It was some sort of Vampires blood. And you gave it to me. You gave it to star. Fuck sakes you even gave it to Laddie! He's only a little boy" Lettie said looking at david . Star jumped off David's bike. She's realised too now and she did not look happy either. She grabbed laddie off Dwaynes bike before walking up to david and also slapping him in the face.

"How could you do that! How could you do that to laddie. He's seven!" Star shouted and stood next to Lettie, laddie in her arms.

I looked over at Lettie and she saw me looking. She glared over at me. She was mad at me too. I can understand why but i didn't want her to be mad at me. I hated it.

She walked over to me before slapping me too which left me shocked for a few seconds. I looked at the boys shocked. Dwayne had the same expression as me. Paul was shocked but looked entertained at the same time. And david just sat there smirking like usual. I looked back at lettie.

"I trusted you. And you didn't even warn me. Acting like you care with that expression on your face. You let me walk into there and didnt even warn me. Fuck your the one who invited me and i was stupid enough to trust you. You let them turn me. Turn Star. Even Laddie into some fucking monster. I swear marko if you ever think i'm going to forgive you for this you might actually be as stupid as you look. I hate you so much." She said.

Every single word hurt. Like she was stabbing me with a stake. I wanted her to trust me. I didn't want her to feel like this. I didn't think David would change her. She thought she was a monster now. She thought we were all monsters. She was never going to forgive me and as much as it hurt i don't blame her. She didn't even get a choice in the matter. I didn't warn her. I just let them hurt her.

She walked back to the car with her friend. Her friend told Star and Laddie to come with them and they didn't think twice about it. Lettie jumped into the driver seat and once everyone was in she drove away fast.

"Well that didn't work out." Paul said he wasnt laughing this time though. He felt as bad as the rest of us. I could sense a little bit of pity of David as well.

"Come on let's get back to the cave we'll talk about this there." David said and drove off us following behind him.

Once we got back to the cave we all sat there for a few minutes before someone finally spoke up.

"What are we going to do now. They made it quite clear for us to stay away." Paul said.

"We can't stay away. They have no option. They won't survive without our help. They need to feed." David answered.

"Do you think we should have given them a choice?" Dwayne asked.

"There was no choice. Star needed to join she was going to die soon anyway." david said making us all look at him confused. "Cancer. And laddie will grow a little till about sixteen. He's not going to stay seven forever he doesn't need blood yet and onve he gets to sixteen he will. So he'll feed then and stay sixteen. Anyway Star doesn't go anywhere without laddie."

"Yeah and what about Lettie. Lettie's not dying." i said. There wasn't any need for her to be dragged into this.

"It wasn't my choice. It was Maxs. He wanted Lettie in the group. I'm not sure why he wouldn't tell me. He just said we needed her." David said looking at me.

"I'm not shocked we need her." Dwayne said.

"Don't worry Marko, Lettie will forgive you. First of all we by the sounds of it had no choice max would kill us if we didn't listen. Second of all she's like 100 times more bad ass now which i didn't think would be possible. And lastly who could hate your cute little face." Paul said standing up and squishing my cheeks. I rolled my eyes and pushed him off. I'll give it to him he never makes little speeches like that.

"I can't believe something smart actually just came out of your mouth." Dwayne said making us laugh and paul bowed.

I hope he's right though. I hope lettie does forgive me. We didn't have a choice.