Nine - Why are you here Lettie

Lettie's pov -

The night had finally come and we were walking along the broadwalk. Star, Sarah and laddie had gone to see some concert. The boys and me decided to go pay max a visit.

We walked in Max looking at us and his face instantly dropped. Thorn, maxs dog started to growl lowly. We started to walk around. I leaned against one of the counters, Marko coming up obviously flirting with me. He made me laugh he always found his random moments.

We walked back to the entrance to see Max talking to a short haired woman.

"I told you not to come in here anymore." he glared. We all stopped for a second smirking at max before leaving again without a word. It was funny how he acted like he hated us to keep his cover.

We got back outside and i decided i should go look for the other three.

"I'm going to go look for the others. Meet me at the bikes. Then we'll get dinner." I said and they all smiled

"Yes dinner!" Paul cheered skipping off the others following.

I couldn't see the three at the concert so i decided to go and check the comic book store. Laddie had a growing obsession for comics so sarah would usually take him to get on.

I walked in the shop browsing the shelves. I spotted edgar and alan talking to some boy with an odd fashion sense. Must be new around here. I decided to walk up too the three. It was fun to annoy the twins. As soon as they saw me they threw glares in my direction.

"Your not aloud to be in here. Blood sucker." Edgar said. After the events of the last year it was safe to say the twins no longer liked me.

"Oh that's a shame. Well now i'm here i might as well introduce myself to your new friend." i said holding out my hand to the boy "Nice to meet you. I'm lettie."

"Sam. Sam Emerson." he smiled shaking my hand.

"Why are you here lettie?" alan asked

"what i can't pay my favourite twins a visit?" I laughed "I was also coming to see if Sarah was here."

"She's not here thankfully." Edgar said. Over the past year the siblings relationship has not gone very well. At first they were just mad that she was hanging out with vampires but now she was dating one so it was borderline hatred.

"Ah see you have a new vampire comic. Mind if i have one?" i asked with a small smirk. When they didn't answer i picked one up. "Guessing it's on the house. Bye boys."

"Bye sam." i winked at the boy before leaving. It was definitely fun to piss them off. They get annoyed so easily.

I walked back to the bike to see everyone there. They were all sat on their bikes, star getting onto david's. Laddie on Dwaynes. And sarah of course on the back of paul's. I saw another boy stood there just staring. I jumped onto my bike and saw Sam join the weird boys side looking at us. Everyone seemed to snicker at the two before driving off.

Time for dinner.

Sams pov-

The next night mom drove me down to the Broadwalk. She had found a job at a video store and told me she got off at 10.30pm so to meet her at the car around then. I walked up to the comic store. I walked in and saw the two weird twins from yesterday looking at me. They quietly made their way over to where i was stood looking at the comics

"Notice anything unusual about santa carla yet?" alan asked

"No. It's a pretty cool place. If your a martian" i answered

"Or a vampire." Edgar said

"Are you guys sniffing old newsprint or something" i laughed

"You think you really know what's happening here. Well i'll tell you something. You don't know shit, buddy." Edgar said making me laugh

"You think we just work at a comic book shop for our folks huh?" alan asked

"Actually i thought it was a bakery." i said picking up another comic. These two were definetly on some sort of drug.

"This is just our cover. We're dedicated to a higher purpose." Edgar said picking up a comic "Hey man. Read this."

"I told you i don't like horror comics." I said as he handed me the comic

"Think of it as more of a survival manual." Alan said "There's our number on the back. And pray you never need to call us."

"I'll pray. I never need to call you. Sure." i nodded with a smile and they walked away. Their crazy.