Eleven - Bad breath and Fingernails

Sams pov

I hadn't even heard Mike come in last night and now it was after 2 in the afternoon and he still wasn't out of bed. The phone rang so i quickly put down the half buttered bread and picked it up. My mom on the other side of the phone straight away started asking where Mike is. Even when she's not with us she's still stressing. I decided to run upstairs to let Mike deal with her worrying. I walked into his room and saw him lying on the bed in the exact same clothes he had on the night before but his outfit was also accompinied by a leather jacket which definitely wasn't like Mike.

"Mike. Wake up." I said opening his curtains "Its Mom."

"Moms home?" he asked while i grabbed the phone

"No on the phone Mike." I answered passing him it

"What time is it?"

"It's two o'clock" i said and laughed at the face he made.

"Pass me those sunglasses." He motioned towards the glasses on his desk

"You need your sunglasses to talk on the phone?" I asked. He really was being weird. "Are you freebasing, inquiring minds wanna know."

Mike put his glasses on and showed me his middle finger. Dick. He started to talk to mom and i could tell just by the way he was speaking he wasn't happy about the conversation.

"Look sam's old enough to stay by himself right now." Mike said to mom down the phone.

"Hey I don't need a babysitter Mike." I defended but he just shushed me. No way did I need a babysitter. I'm 15! Mike groaned lying his head back and moving the phone away from his ear. Even from where I was stood I could hear mom complaining. In the end Mike gave up and agreed with her. Great now I have to stay home with Mike being all weird.

The rest of the day was quite slow and boring, i mainly just sat in my room reaidng comics or played with Nanook in the garden. Mike stayed in his room all day and Grandpa was home but was working in his taxidermy office most of the day. It was finally dark and I was stood in the kitchen making a sandwhich when grandpa walked in.

"Hey anything around here that might pass as aftershave?" He asked looking in the cupboards. I turned around and grabbed a bottle from behind me

"How about some windex, Grandpa?" I said passing it to him

"Yeah let me try some of that" He sprayed some on his hands and gently rubbed it on his face making me snicker. I turned to see MIke walking into the kitchen, still wearing his sunglasses. Weirdo.

"Have a big date tonight Grandpa?" Mike asked with a smirk. Wait does he have an earring.

"I'm going to drop off some of my handiwork to the widow johnson." Grandpa smiled

"What'd you stuff for her? Mr Johnson?" Mike said. Grandpa said a quick bye before leaving.

"That wasnt funny Mike" I said. Ill be honest he really was starting to piss me off. I heard Granpa's car drive off leaving me alone with him "Im gonna make you a sandwhich."

"Dont bother." He said throwing his sunglasses onto the table.

"Lose the earring Mike. It's not you. It's definetly not you."

"Piss off."

"You know all you do is give attitude lately. You been watching to much Dynasty bud?" I joked

Suddenly bright lights came from outside the house and the noise of what sounded like the revving of motorbikes. All the pots started to shake and Nanook got up and began to bark. Mike grabbed a knife and went into the living room. I could hear people cheering and hollering and i could swear someone was talking. Mike walked up to the door and i tried to shout him to stop but he didnt listen. He swung the door open and as soon as he did the lights disappered. There was no more cheering or whispering, instead it was silent. He shut the door again but carried on staring out the window. He was really starting to freak me out.