16.

hi
so this is going to be the final chapter of this hongjoong x reader.
it's a little shorter than what i usually write, but i hope you all enjoyed this short story :)

let me know your thoughts!
thank you for reading, and enjoy the last chapter

- author

———————————

Y/n POV

Hongjoong and I spent the next few months in a happy relationship, and everything was going really well. We got closer, and got to know each other even better.

I loved everything about him, and I think he felt the same, as he often told me how much he liked me and how perfect I was.

I'd occasionally get some death stares from girls who wished that Hongjoong would even just glance at them, and I especially got death stares from Nabi. I guess for telling my brother she cheated and now, for dating the guy she seemed to like.

With all the stares, it was sometimes difficult to not feel a little insecure. The way some people looked at me made me feel as if I wasn't good enough to be with Hongjoong.
But he always told me that they were just jealous, and that's why they looked at me with disgust.
Which, he was correct.

And Hongjoong didn't seem to care at all about what other people thought of us, which is not how I thought he'd be when I first met him.

I still tutor him, this time with no negotiations. And I've learnt a few tricks from him too. We hang out a lot with Beomgyu and occasionally his friends too.

Long story short, life is good.

Today was the last day of school before summer break. I was currently in my room picking out an outfit for the day.

"Y/n, honey, you're going to be late for school," My mom says from outside of my room. I quickly check the time. She was correct, if I wanted to get to school on time today I'd need to be really quick.

"Alright, I'll be ready in ten minutes!"

I quickly throw on a nice outfit and put on some simple make up before rushing downstairs with my bag.
"I'm ready!"

"Are you sure you can drive yourself? I don't mind taking you," My mom offers. "I'll be fine mom. I've been driving for over a year."

"Alright well, enjoy your last day," She kisses my forehead and leaves me to go. "Bye mom, I'll see you later."

As I drive to school, I think about all that's happened ever since I first met Hongjoong outside the school when I was waiting for my mom to pick me up.

It made me think of my brother, who took me to school sometimes. I missed him quite a bit.

About a month ago, he decided to move to New York, and it broke my heart that he was really leaving now. I still haven't gotten used to it. But I'm happy for him, also because he found someone new, that he seems to really love. And thankfully, she seems to love him a lot too.

Beomgyu still rides his bicycle everywhere he can, and recently gave it a paint job. He painted it blue, which was his father's favorite colour.

Beomgyu was still as good a friend to me as he always has been, and I'm grateful to have him.

    I get out of my car and walk up to the school.

A lot has happened in this place. And I can't believe I'm leaving to go to college soon.

Speaking of, Hongjoong and I were thankfully going to the same college, so everything worked out.

"Good morning sunshine," Hongjoong walks up to me and puts his hand on my cheek, giving me a long kiss. "Hey," I smile at him. "Are you ready for our last day?"