12.

Wednesday

Y/n POV

So today, I got to school and Hongjoong walked straight up to me and greeted me with a smile.

He was being nice to me the whole day and kept trying to get to know me better. I also got to know him and I enjoyed his company a lot.

He hung out with Beomgyu and I at lunch again and told Beomgyu to not care about his friends because they're losers, yeah, he called his own friends that.

We fooled around in math and both got yelled at for not paying attention, but it was fun to break the rules a little. I was always the good kid, and I never really took chances.

I'm not saying it's good to be rebellious, I'm just saying it's fun to let loose a little sometimes.

We were currently sitting in the library again, in the same place as we did on Monday.

"So, what are we starting with?" He eagerly asks.

I start explaining the topic to him and this time, it was a lot more difficult. Even for me, this wasn't the easiest topic.

After minutes of trying to explain, I get stuck at my own question. "Uhh," I think hard about the equation. "I'm sorry, this is difficult for me to understand," I tell him. "Difficult for Hwang Y/n? It can't be," He says.

"This is one thing I can't grasp for some reason," I say. He looks at the equation and seems to think hard about it. "Let me try something," He starts writing on the page, and after a few instances of trial and error, he puts his pen down and pushes the book to me.

"Oh my gosh, you solved it! But-"

"Maybe I should be the one tutoring you, Y/n," Hongjoong jokes. "Maybe. Can you tell me how you got to that?"

He explains the method he used and eventually I was able to understand. So we both figured it out. How nice. "I can't believe I figured that out on my own," He says. "Yeah, I think you'll improve in math quickly."

"Why don't we grab something to eat? I think we've worked hard today," He suggests. "Yeah sure," I smile and start packing my books away.

***

We walked to a nearby fast food joint. It was outside but underneath a big white sheet thing. All the food there was quite cheap so we decided to go there. They had really good Korean food here.

We sit down on some flimsy chairs and order a portion of chicken wings to share, seeing as we both weren't extremely hungry. We also ordered two iced teas.

"This is really good," Hongjoong says after eating a wing. I nod in agreement.

"This is weird," I say. "Weird?"

"Not in a bad way. It's just, I never imagined we'd be eating chicken together, anywhere."

He laughs a little, "Yeah, it's definitely unusual."

"So what's going on with Nabi, if I may ask? And before you say it- no. I'm not jealous," I say.

"Oh, I'm done with her. I liked her a lot but after finding out she had a boyfriend, I couldn't do that. I might be a player but I would never do anything with a girl knowing she's in a relationship, and I would never cheat," He explains.

"Okay," I nod, "So how long will you be on vacation for?"

"Just until Wednesday," He tells me, "I'm really excited, but my dad made me promise to do my school work while we're there so that I don't fall behind. So be prepared for me to text you a lot about math, and maybe other subjects too."

"Sure, you can ask me anything," I smile at him.

We started wrapping up everything seeing as it was nearly 6pm.

"Thanks for this, it was nice," Hongjoong says. We walk back to school to get our cars. "Yeah, I enjoyed it too."

There was that tension again. The same kind that lingered when he kissed me at the party.

We arrived at school and Hongjoong walked with me all the way to my car. I leaned against my car as we decided to chat for a little longer.

"I'll miss two tutoring sessions, that's really bad," He bites his lip in a sarcastic manner. "At least you can enjoy the view of a turquoise ocean," I respond.

"I'd rather improve in math than stare at the ocean, if I'm being really honest," He says. I giggle, "Oh, really."

I stop laughing and all of a sudden we're looking at each other intensely. I realize that Hongjoong's arm is leaning on the roof of my car, above my head.

He starts leaning closer and closer to me.

I flinch and say, "Uh I should get home, my mom might start worrying."

He moves away and removes his arm. "Oh of course. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yep. Bye," I open the car door quickly and get inside, closing it just as quick.

I pull out of the parking lot and don't even bother looking back. That was extreme. I wanted to kiss him, if that's what he was trying to do back there, but I just panicked.