15.

Wednesday

Beomgyu POV

It's a calm evening, about 7pm and I'm riding on my bicycle to Y/n's house.
She spontaneously asked me to come over because she needed to talk.

I slow down when I see a silhouette of a person in the distance. The shadow soon becomes clear and it was Kim Hongjoong. What was he doing here?

"Hongjoong?"

I get off my bike and walk over to him.

"Beomgyu, you're just the person I need to see right now," He pats my shoulder. "Uh, hello?"

"Look, I don't know if Y/n told you anything, but I'm really sorry about how I treated her today, and I want to apologize to her. Do you know if she's home? Do you know the way to her house? I need to tell her something," He goes off.

So that's probably why Y/n wanted to talk.

"What do you need to tell her?" I ask. "I-I like her. A lot. And I want her to know that. So please can you tell me the way to her house? I might not get another chance," He pleads.

"Well, I'm actually headed there right now. So I'll show you the way. Listen Hongjoong, I don't know what happened between you two this afternoon but I want you to know that Y/n is a very important person to me, and if you hurt her badly, I will-"

He nods vigorously, "I promise, I won't hurt her. Never on purpose, at least."

"Good. Now let's go."

☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎

We make it to Y/n's house and Beomgyu walks in front of me up to the front door. He knocks and the door is soon opened by Y/n's older brother.

"Hey Beomgyu, what are you doing here at this-" His eyes land on me. "What is he doing with you?"

"H-hi," I gulp. He was intimidating. "Hyunjin, Hongjoong needs to talk to Y/n," Beomgyu explains.
He raises an eyebrow, "About what?"

"I-" I could hardly speak. I thought if I said something wrong he might just bite my head off.
Usually I was confident and not afraid of anyone, but this guy was different. He was the most intimidating person I've ever met.

Thankfully, Beomgyu speaks for me. "He needs to talk to her about their tutoring stuff, I dunno," He shrugs.

"Oh. Okay. Y/N! YOUR BOYFRIEND AND BEST FRIEND ARE HERE TO SEE YOU."

I see Y/n come down the stairs. "What are you talking abou-" She stops and acknowledges me, and her confused expression changes into an annoyed one. She looks at me for a second or two before looking to Beomgyu. "Hey Gyu. You can come in," She pulls him inside and tries to close the door.

But I stop it with my hand. "Y/n, wait. Please can we talk?"

"Talk about what? I don't think there's anything to talk about," she says, pushing the door more closed.

"Yes there is," I push it more open. "About earlier, I'm really sorry, can you please let me explain myself?"

She eventually lets go of the door, allowing me to come inside. "This better be worth it," She grumpily walks up the stairs and I stand there, not knowing what to do.
Beomgyu nudges me, and points his head toward the stairs.

I hesitate, but follow Y/n up the stairs, and into her room. "Why- why here?" I ask, confused as to why we were in her room. "I don't want Hyunjin to eavesdrop, otherwise he'll have something to say," she tells me.

"So, talk," She sits down on the edge of her bed, and I sit next to her. I turn to face her, and we were now sitting in the same way we were when I first kissed her. Ever since that day, I desperately wanted to kiss Y/n again. But every time I tried, she'd subtly reject it.
And I didn't know if that meant she didn't like me back, or if she was just being careful. I'll admit, her assumptions about me are pretty understandable. But I wanted to prove to her that I was different to what she thought I was.

"I'm sorry that you feel like I'm using you to get what I want, or that I don't care about your feelings. But its completely untrue," I take her hands, "Y/n, I actually like you a lot. I have for a while now. I want to kiss you, and not just to get you to tutor me, but because I have feelings for you," I confess.

She looks down at our hands, and then up at me. "Do you really mean it?" She smiles softly.

"Of course I do," I smile back at her.
"Well, in case you were wondering, I like you too," she says.

"Does this mean we can try that kiss again?"

She nods, "I'll try not to bite your lip off this time," She giggles, before putting her hands around my neck and pulling me closer. Our lips connect and we share a sweet, long kiss.

We pull away after a little while and I smile.

"So...what now?"

Suddenly, the bedroom door swings open.

"Just date each other already!" Beomgyu exclaims. "It's as simple as that."

"You were listening to our conversation?" Y/n stands up, looking annoyed. "It's just so frustrating that you have both liked each other for a while but no one has made a move. Sorry for barging in. I was just getting impatient," Beomgyu says.

"How would you know if we both liked each other?" Y/n asks. "Because it's literally so obvious, you both are quite bad at reading signs."

He pauses and smirks, "I'll be going, but I hope to see you coming out of here as a couple."
And with that, he walks out of the room and closes the door.

"Well, he's been observant," I say. "Yeah, I guess so."

"But, he does have a point. I've taken too long to ask you. Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?" I smile at her.

"Of course I will," She returns the smile.

☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎

Y/n POV

So, Hongjoong was now my boyfriend. He stayed over for dinner too. After my mom found him walking out of my room, we had to explain everything to her, and thankfully she wasn't angry that a boy other than my brother or Beomgyu was in my room with the door closed.

After dinner, I walked Hongjoong out and greeted him from the front porch.

"Are you sure you'll be safe going home? You don't have a car. I could ask Hyunjin to take you home," I offer, knowing Hongjoong walked here.
"I'll gladly walk home," He smiles and grits his teeth.

"Don't be scared of him, he's really harmless. He's just trying to look after me," I tell him, "Please let him give you a ride, it's not safe. It's dark."

He sighs, "Okay, as you wish. But as long as you come with, just for...incase, you know?"

I giggle, "Okay, fine."