11.

Tuesday

Hongjoong POV

Today was a good day. I went to school feeling excited. I had a few reasons. Firstly, Y/n and I were friends now, and my dad was finally able to sleep peacefully knowing I had found a tutor. He was so happy about it that he decided to plan a week long vacation in the Bahamas. But he told me that I needed to continue with my school work while we were there seeing as we'd be going during school times.

So, I'm walking through the halls with two of my friends, Jongho and San, telling them about this surprise holiday I was going on soon.

"When are you leaving?" San asks. "This Friday," I tell him. It was quite close. "So your dad just surprised you with this?" Jongho asks. I nod, "Yeah, I was really shocked."

The bell rang and school was in session.

☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎

Y/n POV

Lunch had finally arrived. Beomgyu and I made our way to our usual table and sat down. "I'm starving," I take out my food and start eating it.

"So you and Hongjoong are friends now," Beomgyu nudges my arm. "Yeah. That's weird to think about," I say in between chewing.

"Oh, why does he always show up when we're talking about him?" Beomgyu looks up and I also look up. There comes Hongjoong walking alone towards the table.

"Hey guys," He stands opposite us, rubbing the back of his neck. "Hi," We say simultaneously.

"Oh no! I left my phone in class, let me go get it," Beomgyu stands up and suddenly runs away. I know he didn't actually leave his phone in class.

"Mind if I sit here?" Hongjoong asks, and I shake my head. He walks around the table and sits next to me, where Beomgyu was sitting.

"So uh, about the tutoring, is it cool if we do it after school on Mondays and Wednesdays?" He asks. "Sure, I'm fine with that," I say.

There was a bit of an awkward silence now. I sat fiddling with my fingers, looking away from Hongjoong.

He breaks the silence, "Anyways, I'm going on vacation this Friday."

"Oh, that's nice. Where are you going?" I ask. "Bahamas. My dad planned like a surprise for me and my mom, I guess," He tells me. "Oh, I love the Bahamas. I've never been though." It was getting a little easier to talk to him comfortably.

"Well then I should take you there some time," He jokes. But it also sounded genuine. After I didn't respond, due to the fact that I was trying to hide my red cheeks, he sighs and looks away.

I calm down and say, "Sure, that will be cool."

Phew, awkward moment avoided.

"Hey Hongjoong."

"Hm?"

"Aren't you worried about what people will think if they see you with me?" I ask. "What do you mean?" He looked confused.