Chapter 8: Over the Line

'So... Yato will die if Yukine doesn't stop what he was about to do...' you thought, as you and Hiyori both washed your hands thoroughly in the sink of the girls' toilet, between your lips was a purple handkerchief and the purple sleeves of your uniform slightly pulled up.

You were doing a lot better since the past weeks. But in your mind there was something that was bothering you.

Earlier today, Hiyori told you what Kazuma had said since weeks ago. It shocked you to the core as well.

The restroom was quiet, save for the gushing of water that was running into the drain from the silver-coated faucet, as it was quite empty, seeing a number of doors that were opened from the mirrors reflection.

'If  that doesn't happen very soon,' the man said, as your mind automatically pictured him. 'Then Yato will die.' Seeming that the memory triggered every time you had thought about the Regalia as you thought reeled in back from last week's events.

Yukine looked behind to see the box of clear material had dropped from his jacket as the voice of Daikoku rung through the area, "So Yato was right. You did you steal it." he accused as the two females tailed behind him, not believing what happened.

Another memory triggered, bringing her back to when Yato had pulled the bandages around Yukine tighter, as Clarice sat crouched next to him, her expression worried.

But instead of hearing the voices of the two of them talking, it was Kazuma's, "Why is he even using such a Regalia?" the voice pressured as the scene where Yato jumped off the roof of a tall building to slash the butterfly-shaped Phantom, only leaving a scratch on its eye.

But the encouraging words of Yato when Nora wanted him to use her, "Sekki! I will reforge You!" he claimed as he performed the incantation once more after receiving the Blessing from the Dragon-Phoenix of Light.

'Why should I care about those people?' you thought. If Yato could have killed you he could have done it now. So why does you feel this way while being so open to Yato?

Hiyori turned the head of the faucet, turning off the water dispenser.

"It'll be okay though, wont it?" she muttered to herself.

"I refused to believe that."

"(Y/n)...?"Hiyori asked as you avoid eye contact.

"He better not die. There has to be a way to save him."

Hiyori has her suspicion set on her. Raising  and eyebrow she saw Yato and you getting along just fine. "(N/n), you seemed to care for Yato a lot since the past couple of weeks. That probably means you like him, don't you?

"What?!" You gawked and try to defend yourself. You tried to tell yourself once more. "NO! I'm only doing this a one time gig. Besides I'm only hanging around them until that pervert fixes yo-"

Hiyori couldn't help but to giggle by your dishonesty. Well you gotta admitted someday right? She cheerfully gave you a cheeky smile before you heard a shine before a harsh crash, indicating that something had caused the air of the bathroom to stir as you heard a familiar "Ow!" from one of the stalls.

Instinctively, the both of you turned to see Yato on the dividers of each cubicle, his right hand clutching his red flip-phone as the left held his head, most likely bumping his head on the ceiling.

Then he realized the two females in the room, sending them a small smile as he let go of his head. "Well how bout' that! Hello there girls!"he said cutely, closing his eyes before a roll of toilet paper hit him square in the face.