Chapter 6: Scary Person

A green grassy meadow and a plain blue sky decorated with fluffy white clouds. It was warm unlike the harsh environment the approaching winter was bringing. No, it was a beautiful place, almost too perfect to be real as the breeze softly pelted the delicate grass and blended the beautiful flowers.

Yato looked around. He was alone. Not a single life apart from his. No Hiyori, no Yukine, no (Y/n). Strange, how could he think of  You at this time?

Suddenly he saw a figure in the distance, standing quite far away from him, actually. As confused as he was, he needed to know who that was and where he was. As he was approaching the figure, he realized it didn't flinch even as Yato made quite a noise in walking.

But after some distance, he got a proper look of it. It was a another woman, judging from the stature and build. Her hair was light silver blue, as donned a royal blue dress with a yellow sash around the waist and gave off a sense of nostalgia.

"Hello?" Yato hesitantly voiced out, grabbing the attention of the Silver haired woman as she turned around, giving Yato a full look of who he was and blue eyes widened at that very moment. "You--" Yato started but couldn't find the perfect words to explain.

The woman had soft silver blue hair covering half of her face but didn't conceal the beauty of her mesmerizing  sky blue eyes. This woman...she really was familiar, but who?

The pink thin lips of the woman curved into a smile as she saw Yato behind her, parting them as if he were to say something. "My beloved son Yato-God. The name you use now..." was her first words that echoed through his voice box.

It was a calming voice, a soothing one, that could rock a baby to sleep in seconds, that could make a stone cold heart warm even by the tiniest bit, the one that showed massive motherly love.

And then it his brain clicked. It was non other than Satherin Silvermist.

But that wasn't what shocked Yato the most. Thin lines of red was drawn on the female's pasty skin, all over her folded arms and her neck. "I see I have finally had my wish come true..." she spoke again, catching Yato off guard.

He really has met this woman before, hasn't he? "Your wish?" Yato blurted in confusion but the woman merely nodded.

"Yes...this dream, was a wish to speak with you..." the woman responded, turning her light blue eyes onto the grassy plains laid out in front of them.

'Why are you here?' was really what Yato wanted to say, but managed a "What did you want to say to me?" kind of question.

"Nothing really...just...a short message, from me, between us, Mother and adopted god son." she said with a hearty chuckle that rumbled in her throat. "Don't worry, I have nothing to be angry against you anymore." But then her eyes turned sad, and a tad bit dull as her arms drooped to her sides, head slightly hanging.

"You see, I just want you to take care of little (Y/n)..." she said sadly, "Because I can no longer protect her." Turning her head back to Yato he smiled sadly, a pained smile a loving mother would give as Yato's heart dropped, his blue eyes reflecting a look of despair as Satherin kept talking to him.

"Don't let her grieve over the past, help her to keep smiling again." she listed, taking hold of one of Yato's hands, clasping it in her smaller ones. "Don't let anything or anyone hurt her, please, show her what it means to live again," a few drops of crystals falling from her bright blue eyes as she kept smiling.

Yato couldn't hold his back anymore, letting them fall freely as he felt the feeling radiating off the Silver white blue haired female, who was unable to protect the one she loved. "Tell her, I'm sorry I couldn't be there for her." with final words as her body shimmered in bright light as it slowly faded away.