Chapter 5: Borderline

"See! Here we have a little phantom." crouching down Yato held up a small Phantom between his fingers who was scared.

Yukine gasped lightly and so did Hiyori. While you remained unfazed.

"What are you doing Yato?!" Hiyori exclaimed.

"Aren't those dangerous?" you asked with a stance as Yukine moved back.

"Good, we want that reaction." Yato said. "Hate and fear will help you draw a borderline."

"And what's that?" Yukine questions the term.

"A borderline serves as a Regalia's shield. It's also his only weapon. Now then, you did some pretty nice work the other day, I think you're ready for this." Yato claims and puts the tiny phantom down.

Yukine scoffed. "Flattery won't get you anywhere!" He smirked.

Hiyori let out a smalls laugh.

"It's real simple make your fingers into a halberd." He lifted two fingers. "Then use them to draw a line like this." next he swipe vertically across.  "Between you and it."

"Uh, okay..." Yukine lifted two fingers. he glanced at his two fingers and bit the inside of his cheek. He waved it in front of him between the phantom. "Here it GOES!"

A bright line appeared separating them from the Phantom.

"Amazing! So that's what you were talking about." Hiyori gasped.

"Yep! Useful stuff. Phantoms can't cross it." He explained. "It acts as a boundary between self and other."

"Is it something you and (Y/n) can do too?" Hiyori asked. "Or..or even me?"

"No, you girls and I can't do this. Borderlines are a Regalia power. Any Regalia should be able to make one." Yato answers.

"But creating one this strong without practice, I've never known a regalia who could do that it's a first. Or a Dragon-Phoenix user who could use only demon art skills." He mumbled.

You glanced at Yato. You slowly closed your hand into a small fist.

'Speaking of Regalias that he knows...' she spoke for Hiyori's thoughts. The image of Nora appearing in her mind.

"So Umm, that girl we ran into be the water. "Nora" she's a Regalia too?" Hiyori asked.

"Ah, Nora huh? How to put it." He turned around running a hand through his hair. "I guess you could call her... a friend with benefits."

Hiyori had a blank stare on her face

Hiyori had a blank stare on her face. "Eh?!"

"You brain dead or what?!" you hissed and spat by his words.

"What?" Yato says with confusion. Hiyori and Yukine stare deadpanning.

"A 'Friend With Benefits'?" you mocked with disgust furiously. "That bitch is a real devil to manipulate others!"