Kanao x male reader

Uh sorry for taking too long for your request, writers block and school anyways this is requested by @HantraxHF

Modern AU because yes

Also I didn't get a plot so I kinda just did what I came up with, the squad has a sleepover (Kanao, Nezuko, Zenitsu, Tanjiro, Inosuke, Genya, + the reader for obvious reasons) for Tanjiro's birthday so he invites everyone. I've decided this would be his 17th bday because y not also Genya might be out of character because I didn't know how to write him.

The group of teens were walking out of their class happily because it was Friday and Tanjiro was hosting a birthday sleepover on Saturday for his 17th birthday. 

"Finallyyyy! School is over!! I hate it so much!" Zenitsu practically screamed.

"SHUT UP MONITSU " Inosuke yelled at him, making him jump and hide behind Tanjiro. Tanjiro just sighed and stopped the two from bickering.

"I can't wait for the sleepover Tanjiro, thanks for inviting me." Genya said, happy he was included.

"No problem! How could I not invite you! You're my friend." Tanjiro smiled at Genya which made Genya smile back at him.

"I'm hungryyyy" Y/n whined before Tanjiro gave him some food leftover from lunch. 

Y/n was so excited for Tanjiro's sleepover, maybe it childish since he's almost done with highschool but he couldn't help it. He was thinking about all of the fun they could do for his birthday. His thoughts were tuning out Genya and Tanjiro talking, Zenitsu and Inosukes quarrel, Kanao and Nezuko talking to each other side by side.

"Y/n?"

"Y/nnnnn?"

"Y/n!" Zenitsu yelled into Y/n's ear getting him out of his trance.

"Ow... What the hell man" Y/n groaned.

"You were zoning out, I had to" Zenitsu replied snickering.

"Are you ok Y/n?" Kanao said in a soft tone, worried for her friend. Y/n swears her voice could make him swoon. 

"I'm fine! I was just thinking about the sleepover!"

Kanao hums before Tanjiro speaks up.

"My mom wants to know what you guys would like for dinner at the sleepover" he asks gaining multiple answers. He scratches the back of his neck and tries to get one food everyone will like. Eventually everyone agrees on (favorite food). Y/n was extra happy for that.

-Time skip to Saturday-

Y/n's mom drove up to Tanjiro and Nezuko's house to drop him off.

(In Japan at age 16 you can get licenses for motorcycles and mopeds and 18 to get a license for an actual car, 7 mopeds + tanjiro's parents cars wouldn't fit in a driveway, like a driveway for a house in a neighborhood.)

Y/n got out his mom's car holding a present and wearing a bag full of his stuff for the sleepover. When he walked inside he'd figured he'd been the last to the party... 

"Y/n!" Nezuko and Tanjiro exclaimed, happy that their friend was here finally.

"Heyyy! I got your present Tanjiro, where do you want me to put it?"

"Over there next to the TV stand!" Tanjiro said.

Y/n put the present down before heading to the others, they were playing uno on the ground.

"HAHA YES I WIN!" Genya exclaimed before apologizing for being too loud to Tanjiro and Nezuko's mom. She just said it was ok and went back to cooking.

"AGHHHH FIGHT ME!!" Inosuke yelled.

Y/n just chuckled before he sat down next to Kanao.

"Can I play this round since you just finished the last?"

"Sure!" Nezuko said sitting down with her brother.

The group kept playing till Tanjiro's mom announced it was time for dinner. Her food was heavenly. She was sooo good at cooking, Y/n thought.

Now it was time for Tanjiro's cake and presents.

"Happy birthday to you..." Everyone sang to Tanjiro as his mom pulled out his cake and placed the candles and lit them. Soon, Tanjiro blew out his candles and made his wish. The cake was good too. 'Man, just how good is Tanjiro's mom's cooking? " Y/n said in his head.

Present time babyyy.

Tanjiro delicately unwrapped his presents and stacked the crumpled wrapping paper on the ground which resulted with everyone throwing it around at each other later.

-time skip

Everyone had just finished watching a movie, the movie was called "A silent voice" and it makes Zenitsu and Nezuko cry a lot, which resulted in Tanjiro calming them down but now they were preparing to play 7 minutes in heaven but they are strictly not allowed to do in inappropriate. 

(Silent voice fans hmu)

Nezuko was explaining the rules for everyone.

"I have everyone's names written on papers in my hat, I will pull 2 names and you two go in the closet, mk?" She said, giggling a bit at the end which made Y/n a bit nervous. 

(Not all these pairings r ships, of you want to think of it as ships, go for it I just chose random names, one of them would be something I ship so yah)

First round: Inosuke and Tanjiro

second: Nezuko and Zenitsu

Third: Kanao and Genya

Fourth: Inosuke and Y/n

Fifth: Kanae and Nezuko

Sixth: Y/n and Kanao

When the twos names were called Y/n could swear he was blushing a bit. He could see a cheeky smile on Nezuko' s face. "God damnit...." He thought to himself. Kanao got up and headed to the closet, A light blush coated on her cheeks. Y/n slowly got up and followed her before Nezuko stopped him.

"I'm giving you this opportunity to confess, don't mess it up you doofus"

"I won't I won't.... And thanks"

"Your welcome, now go get ur girl!" She exclaimed.

Slowly Y/n started to walk again and went into the closet, met with Kanao sitting on the floor.

"Hello Y/n"

"Hey"

An awkward silence filled the air.

"I have something to tell you Kanao..."

"Hm?"

"I... I like you"

Kanao was caught off guard to say the least but was relieved nonetheless as she liked him back.

"I like you too Y/n...." She said softly, all heat rushing to his face as he lightly grabbed her hands.

"May I... May I kiss you?" He asked nervously. She nodded her head yes.

Their lips touched as they kissed. It was slow and loving. It felt like fireworks were exploding in Y/n's heart, he couldn't believe this was happening. Kanao was like a beautiful poison. A drug. Pulling him back towards her in every situation. He loved her so much.

RING!

Slowly the closet door was opened by Nezuko as she squealed in joy when she saw them kissing. She punched her fists in the air out of victory. Y/n and Kanao were very embarrassed but they couldn't help but feel lucky they got with the love of their lives. 

The end.

Again I'm sorry for taking too long!!