Kanao x female reader(fluff)

this one shot was not requested, also some information for this one shot:

-modern AU aka set in 2022

-Kanao has a shit boyfriend until Y/n swoops in

-This one shot and kinda based on the song: "boyfriend" by Dove Cameron 

With all that out, enjoy! 

Y/n and Kanao were in their sophomore year of high school. (if you don't have stuff like sophomore and stuff, its 10th grade, aka Y/n and Kanao are 16) Y/n had a small, that wasn't so small of a crush on Kanao, yet Kanao had a boyfriend named: (you choose, name him Kevin or Aiden or some f boy name <3). Y/n despised his guts. If she could take him out. She would. Shinobu and Kanae didn't really approve of him either, Shinobu has attempted to convince and pay Kanao to break up with him. Often, conversations with Shinobu, Kanae, and Y/n ended with all 3 of them slandering the boyfriend, Kanae would make such vulgar comments as Y/n and Shinobu, Y/n had made the most gruesome comments about him, maybe it was because of the crush she had on the quiet girl. Kanao and Y/n had been childhood bffs since the first grade so she had gotten along well with the sisters. She was like family. She could stay over whenever. With this, Y/n had trusted the sisters to tell them her silly crush on Kanao, none of them had a problem with it, Kanae made a comment that they would make an adorable couple. 

Now its nearing the end of sophomore year, Tanjiro and his friends were setting up a normal end of the year party for him and his friends.(ps: I know sophomore year is not the last year of high school, Tanjiro is just being nice.) He promised no drinking.(my angel <3). Kanae and Shinobu also knew Tanjiro well, as Y/n and Kanao would bring him over often, usually ending up with him ending up with a bunch of makeup on his face and his nails painted. Shinobu would take multiple pictures and post them on Instagram, after sending them to her friends, some of them being teachers at the school they went to which made things 10x worse then ever. Word spreads and next thing you know Zenitsu and Inosuke are laughing their asses off at Tanjiro.

Kanae and Shinobu had allowed Kanao to go to the party, she ended up inviting her boyfriend to go with her. He hadn't even met Tanjiro but he was begging to let him go, practically forcing her too as well. Now Kanao was waiting for a reply from Y/n to see if she can go as well.

K.T: have you asked your mom, yet?

Y/n: aaaah!!! not yet, sorry! I've been busy with homework! Math is such a bitch-

K.T: yeesh, this is why you should've done it when we were in study hall earlier, but noooo

Y/n: vhcyfdhfyffd be quiet-

K.T: whatever, just ask your mom soon

Y/n: kk! 

K.T: thanks <3

Y/n np!

Y/n shut off her phone quickly and rushed downstairs to her mother.

"Hm? Y/n?"

"You know Tanjiro right?"

"Yeah? You and Kanao's friend?"

"Mhmmmm. Soooo.... Its almost the end of the year, yeah?"

"Mm.... Yeah...?"

"Soooo Tanjiro is hosting a party for the end of the year, Kanao is going, her sisters let her, and Tanjiro specifically promised zero drinking."

"Hm... No drinking? Fine. I'll let you go, as long as your back my 11 pm, when and where is it?"

"Its at his place and it starts at 7."

"Alright, go along now."

"Thanks mom!"

 Y/n: hey hey! I can go!

K.T: GREAT! What time you have to leave the party?!?!

Y/n: 11 pm

K.T: kk! Same! This'll be so fun! I'll go text Tanjiro you'll be there!

Y/n ok! Thx!

Now it was the day of the party, Y/n had walked in Tanjiro's house and saw Kanao in this beautiful outfit, she had this white skirt, a pink sweater that showed her shoulder with a mini black tank top underneath the sweater so you see the strap on her shoulder. But next to her Y/n saw him. That asshole of a boyfriend. He had his arm wrapped around Kanao's waist. Y/n was disgusted at the sight, wishing she was Kanao's boyfriend, wishing she was the one holding her, as she would definitely treat Kanao better. The man only rolled his eyes at Y/n's arrival, as Kanao waved her over.

"Y/n! Glad you could make it!" Tanjiro chimed.

"Yeahhh you look all prettyyyy" Zenitsu said.

"Zenitsu! Be more respectful!" Tanjiro said elbowing him.

"I'm good, thanks though Tanjiro" 

"This is getting boring, I'm gonna go over there, okay Kanao?" Kanao's boyfriend said.

"Okay..." She whispered.

"Kanao, forget about him! Let's hang out! Wanna dance!?"

"Of course Y/n!"

The two girls danced for two hours before Kanao walked away because she needed to go outside for a quick breather. The quick breather ended up being an hour and a half. Until Y/n walked outside, Kanao was slumped outside against the house.

"Kanao?"

"My boyfriend left the party. He took some girl with him. He was my ride."

"That asshole. Did you break up with him?"

"I texted him we're over and blocked him, he's probably having his fun with that girl."

"Y'know, I could be a better boyfriend then him."

"What?-..."

"Please give me a Chance, you can stay with me for the night, if you accept my offer, I'll treat you way better."

"I... I accept your offer."

"Great, wanna go inside and dance?" 

"sure!"

Y/n held out her hand and helped Kanao up then kissed her hand making Kanao blush brightly. Two danced till 11 pm, Y/n's mother took them both home and Kanao texted her sisters what happened and how she'll be at Y/n's and they understood. The two ended up watching movies and cuddling. Kanao has never felt so loved before. 

Haha I'm done with this one shot!