comfort

"don't you dare touch her!" mike shouted, struggling to break free of the man's grasp.

brenner turned around, staring into mike's eyes, "i'm afraid it's already too late for that request."

mike's face filled with anger, "no! let her go, you bastards!"

"mike!" el groaned as brenner started aggressively pulling her into the lab.

"el!" mike exclaimed, escaping from the man's grip. he ran towards his girlfriend, desperate to free her from the place that felt like a prison.

el, still squirming in brenner's arms, screamed, "mike!"

and that was when el heard a gunshot.

she swiftly turned to face the direction where mike had been, only to see him on the ground, a puddle of blood forming beneath him.

el broke free from brenner's tense clutch, rushing to mike's side.

"m-mike? mike?" el whispered, tears falling down her cheeks.

"e-el-" mike breathed out, he had bright red wounds all over his face and body.

"m-mike, mike, you're going to be okay, alright? we're going to get you help. i-it's going to be o-okay." el stuttered, her sobs and tears becoming heavier.

"i-i love you." mike weakly said, his eyelids drooping slowly.

"i-i love you too. please don't leave me, mike." el said in between sobs, shaking his side.

el watched in horror as her boyfriend took his last breath. "mike! mike? stay with me!"

el uncontrollably sobbed, hanging her head low. she then turned to brenner, who had watched the whole scene unfold.

"you killed him." el said firmly, "you killed him!" she repeated, this time shouting.

"it was for the best, eleven." brenner replied, showing no sign of remorse.

"was it? was it the right choice?" el spoke, clutching her boyfriend's hand.

"yes. because now, nothing, absolutely nothing, will get in the way of my plans for you." brenner chillingly spoke, walking towards el.

el's face was full of fear. she didn't want to relive all of those traumatic memories again.

brenner walked towards her, grabbing her tightly by the wrist. "no!" el desperately shouted, wiggling around in his snatch.

her life was over.

———————————————————

el's eyes snapped open. she quickly shot up from her sleeping position, heavily shaking and breathing. her heart was rapidly pounding as she frantically searched her room, suspicious and paranoid that the horror may have followed her.

her room was pitch black, the moon being the only source of light at the time. she was anxious, actually believing her nightmare was a reality. she needed comfort. she wanted mike. el leaned over to where her nightstand was placed, looking at her clock.

it read, 3:08 am

el groaned in annoyance, slamming her pillow on her face. there's no way mike would be awake at 3:08 in the morning, right?

guess there's only one way to find out.

with that, el pulled her covers off of her body, leaping out of bed. she headed towards her window, carefully opening it, trying to not wake hopper.

when she successfully climbed out of her window, she began running to mike's house, shivering due to the cold night breeze.

~time skip~

el walked up to the basement door, nervously tugging on her shirt. she gently knocked on the door, hoping her boyfriend would be on the other side.

after a few moments of anxiously waiting, the door lightly creaked open.

mike opened the door, revealing his messy curly hair. he was half asleep, having a hard time determining who the figure was in front of him. "what the hell?" he said, confusion becoming evident in his tone.

el took a step closer to him, pouting. once she stepped closer to him, his vision became clearer. "woah- el?"

"h-hi." el quietly said.

mike gestured for her to come inside, delicately shutting the door. el stepped inside, noticing three other boys sleeping in their sleeping bags.

el's face saddened, "oh sorry, i didn't mean to intrude on your sleepover."

"no no, it's okay, i enjoy your company." mike said, giving her a small smile before kissing her on the cheek.

"so, what's up, el?" mike asked.

instead of responding, el embraced mike in a hug, squeezing him tightly. he remained a little confused at first, but hugged her back shortly after.

"el-"

"i thought i lost you." el mumbled into his shoulder.

"what happened? did you have another nightmare?" mike said in a concerning tone.

"y-yeah.. you were trying to protect me for brenner b-but in the process, y-you got shot and-" el couldn't even finish her sentence, tears were starting to form in her eyes.

"h-hey, it's okay, babe. no part of your nightmare actually happened. and, you won't lose me." mike gently said, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"promise?" el spoke, staring into his eyes.

"promise." mike replied, giving her a long and passionate kiss on the lips. el found herself smiling into the kiss, happy she was in the arms of her boyfriend.

"can you guys maybe suck face somewhere else?" dustin sarcastically spoke, with one eye open.

mike rolled his eyes at his comment, el slightly giggling. "how about i make you some eggos? they might cheer you up." mike smiled, intertwining their fingers together.

"eggos at 3:30 in the morning?" el joked, grinning at his sweet comment.

mike smirked, "there's a first time for everything, right?"

———————————————————

this is kinda like another version of my one shot, "late night cooking." sorry this one took so long but anyways, what do you guys think? remember to stay positive and thank you for reading!

~hannah <3