double date

"what time is it?" el asked, slightly opening her bedroom door.

"six thirty, why do you ask?" hopper responded with a curious expression.

"max and i are going to the mall!" el said, as she started to shut her door.

"at six thirty?" hopper questioned, raising his eyebrows, walking over to her closed door, "since when do you guys go to the mall at six?"

"since last week! it's like super trendy right now." el said, hoping her father would believe her.

"okay, what are you guys gonna do?" hopper asked.

"shop.."

"i don't like the idea of you going shopping late-"

el suddenly reopened the door, and hopper was appalled by the sight in front of him. el stood in front of him, wearing a white strapless flowy dress printed with lightly colored blue and yellow flowers. her brown hair was curled, and she wore a few pieces of jewelry to complete her outfit.

"w-what are you wearing?" hopper exclaimed, his face becoming stiff.

"a dress," el responded, slowly approaching the front door, "what's wrong with it?"

"yeah, this isn't happening." hopper exclaimed. she wasn't going to the mall in a fancy dress. what if some boys tried to hit on her? do something to her? nope. he wasn't gonna let that happen.

"what! why not?"

"because you don't wear a fancy dress to the mall and you certainly don't go at six thirty."

"but it's super trendy right now!" el said, crossing her arms, her eyebrows drawing together. hopper saw the sadness in her face.

"no. you can go another time." hopper said, "when is max coming?"

"six thirty."

"oh, that's like now-"

suddenly, the door bell rang, and el smiled in excitement. she ran to the door to greet max.

"el-"

el opened the door to reveal max, who was standing there, wearing a lengthy light pink ruffled dress with her hair elegantly placed in a bun.

"hey! are you ready?" max said, smirking at el.

"yeah, let's go." el responded, quickly walking out the door.

"am i speaking chinese in this house? i never allowed you to go! el!" hopper shouted, angrily stomping over to the door.

"bye, dad! see you later!" el replied before shutting the door completely.

"okay, let's get out of here. my dad is probably super pissed at me right now." el announced, instantly sprinting away from the cabin.

———————————————————

"okay, we're here." max said, approaching the fanciest restaurant in hawkins, enzo's, with el not too far behind her.

el found herself squealing in excitement. not too long ago, mike and lucas planned a double date for their girlfriends. this was el's first double date. "let's do this!" el exclaimed in delight.

max and el pushed open the restaurant's double doors, revealing the lavishly decorated inside of the diner. the fresh smell of italian food immediately lingered in the air. the lighting was dim and romantic music blared throughout the room.

el scanned the room to find out where the boys were sitting. the restaurant was beautiful, but extremely crowded and huge. el could see the boys out of the corner of her eye, waving and gesturing for the girls to come over to them.

"look! they're over there!" el exclaimed as she grabbed max's hand. the girls made their way over to the table, where they were instantly greeted by their boyfriends.

mike stood up, "wow, el. you look-"

"pretty good?" el finished for him, giggling.

"i was gonna say gorgeous, but sure, that works too." mike smiled, "have a seat, princess." el blushed at the nickname mike had given her.

everyone had taken their seats, letting the blissful music fill their ears. each couple was happy to experience each other's company.

———————————————————

first one shot ever! part of this one shot was inspired by @Booknrd187 go check them out!

what do you guys think? remember to stay positive and thank you for reading!

~hannah <3