a sandstorm.19

Fu Yau clearly isn't keen on letting Hong-er off easy. and seeing the look on his face is almost enough to crack a smile on my face. This reminded me of how I pestered Mu Qing whenever we weren't near anyone. Like when we managed to sneak off one day while Flower Sword was busy with lessons, the Mu Qing I got to know was nothing like the one that was quiet, well-behaved, and mannered. The real him was loud, had a potty mouth, and would openly say what he wanted to.

"help yourself!" Fu Yao cheerfully proclaimed setting the glass water jar before Hong-er.

"But I'm fine sharing with Gege." Hong-er retorted with a grin. his hand raised, gesturing towards the flower sword. I just sat at the table and watched.

"But he's low on water." Fu Yao is justified; he's so tenacious. Even in Xianle, I never met someone this outrageously set on getting someone to do things.

"I agree with Jiejie." Honger spoke up, making me realize I was talking out loud again.

"Why do I always end up talking out loud like that?" I saw myself leaning on the table, my hand laying on it while propping up my head with my hand rubbing my forehead.

"Clearly, Jiejie is stressed with you two, so why not admit that you both are up to something?" Honger spoke again. A hand was placed on my arm. Looking up, the flower sword began to rub my arm just like our mother did when either of us were agitated. I miss her. and father, heck, even our cousins. even though I doubt they got any better since we last spoke.

"Are you saying we are trying to poison you?" Fu Yao is accused. Honger just smirked, glancing at my brother and me.

"is it?"

"No, its not Honger." just the feeling of Fu Yao and Nan Feng looking at me as I continued to just close my eyes and rub my forehead. My brother is continuing to rub my arm. His dark hazel eyes swapped between me and Honger; I didn't need to look up to see. the sound of Honger giving a huff, which in his case is most definitely a laugh. After that, I would guess he drank the water. It won't do anything since this is what he closely resembles in his true form. just as a seventeen-year-old. I'm just too tired to deal with this today. especially since finding mother and father's things at the cart not that long ago.

"It tasted nasty," he retorted once emptying the glass jar. I could hear something being thrown before crashing to the ground. In all honesty, I just want to go to sleep and wake up without doing anything for Jun Wu. all things accounted for, i just want to go back to Kio-

"Mother, why are you covering your face?" I sprang up and turned back, nearly braking the table with how hard I hit it.

"Kioshi?" I panicked, seeing my son with a new white shirt on, slim black pants, and a set of good boots. Kohana had better be with him; otherwise, I am going to start screaming. "Kioshi, where's Kohana? You two were supposed to stay at the shrine!"

"Miss Kohana tried to follow me, but I was preoccupied with finding my mother."He answered with his hand and stubby wrist behind his back. I sighed and knocked my head against the table a few times. groaning as I felt my brother pat my back in an attempt to help with this.

"Your mother knows what's best for you, until you are older." Honger spoke up, making me smile, and I turned to Kioshi with my hand out to him. He happily took it, and I pulled him up onto my lap. Kioshi held on to me in a tight hug. He really doesn't seem to be keen on letting go until we aren't in potential enemy territory. Nan Feng slid a sword he was carrying across the table. The red stone on it was all too familiar.

"You have a red mirror?" I asked, knowing what they planned to do. This won't do anything either. Kiyoshi is already in his original form, so neither the true-shape serum nor the red mirror would do anything to him either. He's young, and I know he's not old enough to know how to use his abilities to their fullest.

"It's Nan Yang's." He answered, and my glare pointed towards him was clearly ice cold. I would see his breath as the inside of the building grew colder from the looks of the others. "He reclaimed it after his ascension. I borrowed it from him."

I know he's lying. When Nan Yang was told to pawn this off, I told him to promise, if he had gotten it back, to never give it to anyone. If he actually breaks that promise, I will be highly disappointed in him. I looked away, already not in the mood to deal with these memories. I buried my face in my baby's hair and took a short breath of the odd ginger smell. I guess Kohana must have given him a bath not too long before he began to follow us.

"Heh, I doubt you'd give me a broken sword on purpose." Honger responded, leaning back in his seat and tossing up a shard of a blade. He broke the red mirror. Well, if Nan Yang really did give it to someone even after promising not to, it would be payback. If he didn't, this is to make me think he did. the sound of wind picking up and sand swirling and striking the structure that was keeping us covered.

"Sandstorm." I spoke while the aids glared at Honger. Everyone turned to the window. I stood with Kiyoshi in my arms and headed to the window for a better look.

"It's better to stay inside, at least until the storm ends." A flower sword was urged. In that moment, two figures appeared in the mist of the storm.

"I wouldn't be so sure, flower sword." I sent back a glance. "There's two people out there."

Everyone stood up and moved to the window for a better look. Kiyoshi's eyes were as dark as obsidian, with no pupils in them, never leaving the window. The two beings whom I saw rushing through the desert, I think were dressed in black with baby blue, while the other was dressed in white with potentially a cyan colour. Neither had their faces shown much. All that could be seen from the side was their hair and the tips of their noses.