the shadow.4

I had begun my way back to my brother; I knew he wouldn't be in the sedan chair. So I am checking the nearby area; a metallic scent fills the air. I peered down as I continued to leap across the branches. And there, next to a Ming Guang temple, were Honger and my brother, as he was about to lift the vail of crimson red from his savior's face. But Xie Lian stepped back in haste and sent Rouye towards his one-day boyfriend; he vanished with his silver butterflies.

I landed beside my brother, and he pulled down the vale, revealing his truly lovely face. Yoko Kohana remained hidden in case something attacked; I don't doubt that someone will. The more I think about those men, the more worried I am for my brother. I waved my left hand in the air over my left shoulder to signal Kohana to keep a lookout. I noticed Xie Lian was a little out of it, so I had to tap him on the shoulder to bring him home.

I looked at him, and he was dazed slightly, as if he were in a dream. Then I heard something like a skitter across the gravel near the temple behind us. Looking over, all I could see was a dark and empty space. Looking over through the darkness, I could have sworn I saw the same shadow from the village. The shadow looks to be about the size of a young boy; the eyes I saw were without pupils, pitch-shaded eyes covered in a sad shadow across his face. Who are you, boy?