Chapter 7:

Once it was morning, Kenickie went to pick Sonny and Doody up to go over to the Zukos' to check on how Abby was doing. Putzie was already over since he lives next door to Danny ever since they were babies and even before they were born. Anyway, the T-Birds were in the living room, Abby sat between Danny and Putzie on the couch, while Sonny sat in the chair next to Danny, Doody sat on the arm of the couch next to Putzie and Kenickie was sitting on the coffee table, listening to Abby about her father did to her. They were, of course, disgusted at the man who was supposed to be a loving father. "Abby, you don't need to worry." Putzie told her as he held her hand as they both smiled at each other.

Kenickie, Sonny and Doody quietly gave each other a smirk, because Putzie was in love with the girl.

"I need a drink." Danny mumbles as he gets up.

They watched him walk to the kitchen.

"I'll go talk to him." Kenickie said to Abby and the guys.

He got up and walked into the kitchen, to see Danny drinking a glass of beer.

"Dude, what's the problem?" Kenickie asked him.

Danny mumbled something under his breath.

"What?" Kenickie asked.

"I should've killed him!" He snapped. "Kenick, the girl has been living in a nightmare her whole life and I let her so-called-father go."

Kenickie lets out a deep sigh.

"Danny, I know how you feel." He told him. "But we saved her and she's gonna be super safe and happy because of us, because of you."

Danny lets out a sigh, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm just...I just wish that we could've saved her sooner." He says.

"Danny, man I know you're upset. But she's safe. With us." Kenickie told him.

"You know how I felt yesterday, when we were fighting with Mr. Hall....I wanna kill him for abusing his daughter...I did...I hate and disowned anybody who hurts their loved ones." Danny told him.

Again, Kenickie let out a sigh, knowing what he meant. Danny's grandfather suffered a horrific PTSD after having to deal with the abuse that he had gotten from his own father, Danny's great-grandfather.

"Zuko, man..." Kenickie started. "Your grandfather is safe now. Uncle Dylan said that he has been starting to be happier and feeling a lot more safe than he ever did." He adds. "Thanks to your dad, your uncles, your Aunts and your grandmother."

Danny let out a sigh as he looked down, Kenickie could see that he was trying to hide himself from crying.

"Danny?" They looked over to see Abby and the T-Birds at the entrance of the dining room.

"Great, now the boys just saw me crying." Danny mutters.

Danny always hated crying in front of Putzie, Doody and the younger kids, wanting to stay strong for them.

"Danny, he's safe now." Sonny assured him. "And I know that his traumas won't go right away..."

Danny just nods his head.

"But he's safe and better...because he got us." He adds.

Danny lets out a deep sigh as Abby slowly walks over to him and hugs him.

"I am so grateful for your family." She spoke.

Danny just kissed her head and walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs. Dylan had told him and his brother Derek what his grandfather had done to Ric, Dylan's father.

"Poor Danny." Doody spoke.

Kenickie pats the back of his head.

"And poor Mr. Zuko." Doody adds.

"I'm gonna go talk to him." Abby said.

"Ok." Kenickie said as he kissed her head.

Abby walks out of the kitchen and goes upstairs.

"C'mon guys let's go watch TV, so we can stay to make sure Abby and Danny are ok." Kenickie suggested.

"Yeah." Sonny agreed.

Sonny and Doody went back to the living room.

"Poor Mr. Zuko." Putzie spoke sadly.

Kenickie stopped walking and turned to Putzie, giving him a sad smile.

"I know buddy." Kenickie said, putting his arm around his youngest best friend and brother-in-law.

They walked out of the kitchen.

"Kenickie." Putzie spoke again.

Kenickie looked down at him.

"Yeah?" He answers.

"Why do people do it?" He asked him. "Epically to their own kids?"

Kenickie lets out a sigh.

"Because they are very messed up in the head, kid." He told him. "There's a lot of idiots in the world who enjoy hurting people."

"Even to little kids?" He asked.

Kenickie nodded his head.

"Jeez-wiz." He mutters.

Kenickie pats the back of his head.

"I know buddy, it's disgusting when people can take advantage of others like that." He tells him.

Putzie shook his head in disappointment. Meanwhile, upstairs with Abby, who softly knocks on Danny's bedroom door.

"D-Danny?" She asked shyly.

She gently opened the door and walked inside to see Danny sitting on his bed.

"You ok, Danny?" She asked innocently.

Danny looked up and nodded his head, before standing up.

"Yes, I'm fine." He assured her, giving her a comforting hug. "Where's the guys?"

"They're downstairs watching TV, they didn't want to leave yet because they wanted to make sure we were ok." Abby told him.

Abby smiled to herself, happy that someone actually cared and loved her.

"That's my boys!" Danny smiled.

Abby let out a little giggle.

"I taught them so well." He added, making Abby smile.

They both laughed.

"So...w-what's he like?" Abby asked him. "Your grandfather."

Danny smiled.

"He's a great guy." He told him. "Very overprotective. Because he loves us so much."

"I can't wait to meet him next Saturday." Abby spoke.

"Me too." Danny smiled. "My Uncles and Aunts' kids are excited to meet their new cousin."

Abby awed at the thought. Then she hugs him tightly, while he holds her in his arms.

"Thank you...for saving me." She said to him.

Danny smiled down at her.

"Anytime kid." He says.

He saw that Abby had tears in her eyes again.

"Whoa, are you crying?" He asked again.

Abby chuckled.

"It's happy tears." She smiled.

"Good." He smiled. "C'mere."

They hugged each other tightly, Abby was so grateful that she has a family who truly loves and cares for her.